Dec 21 2012
By: AchillesVsHector Hekseville Citizen 339 posts

Will Vita get a better battery in the future? I want to play longer and watch movies longer.

[ Edited ]
14 replies 305 views Edited Dec 21, 2012

It feels like I'm always charging the battery on it to keep it to full bar, because at my house the electricity sometimes goes out from the rain and if I ever need my Vita to watch movies, play, games I want it ready. Also, the vita looks like it would be a pain to put a new battery in it, will it be or no? Also, I think the Nyko adaption is one of the biggest and ugliest looking contraptions. 

Message 1 of 15 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Re: Will Vita get a better battery in the future? I want to play longer and watch movies longer.

Dec 21, 2012

On my white Vita, I played 3-4 hours of Ragnarok and drained half of my battery.

The touch screen freezes whenever i'm charging while listening to music and playing the game at the same time.

I want a better battery too, but the Vita with its pretty gaphics is holding up and doing its job, considering what task is at hand. Do other handhelds last this long battery wise?

Can someone compare the Vita vs the latest model of the 3DS or XL?

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 2 of 15 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Re: Will Vita get a better battery in the future? I want to play longer and watch movies longer.

Dec 21, 2012

The portable chargers are available at gamestop for 30 dollars and can hold enough charge to fill the vita up 1.2x 
I purchased two before flying to asia and they've been the best investment ever mostly because they work for anything not just the vita. (And because of the requirements the vita has for charging they charge things pretty fast.

Message 3 of 15 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Dec 21, 2012

3-4 hopurs and you still had half battery left? What do you expect? Thats excellent especially for how powerfull the battery is, any phone won't last that long if you are gaming on it.

Message 4 of 15 (268 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12552 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

On my white Vita, I played 3-4 hours of Ragnarok and drained half of my battery.

The touch screen freezes whenever i'm charging while listening to music and playing the game at the same time.

I want a better battery too, but the Vita with its pretty gaphics is holding up and doing its job, considering what task is at hand. Do other handhelds last this long battery wise?

I could run such a test, sure.

It'd be boring as hell, but whatever.

Though, I'm pretty sure someone already did on YouTube. Probably.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 15 (255 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Dec 21, 2012

AchillesVsHector wrote:

the vita looks like it would be a pain to put a new battery in it, will it be or no?

When a battery becomes available for purchase, here's how to replace it.

havocsarmy wrote:

I played 3-4 hours of Ragnarok and drained half of my battery.

I can't get more than two hours playing Unit 13.

Try not to use red. It's difficult to read in the black background.

Message 6 of 15 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Dec 21, 2012

2 hours? Something is wrong, I can play any game unit 13, Uncharted, persona 4, wipeout and get a ot mroe then that,.

Message 7 of 15 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Dec 22, 2012

If you're hunkering down to do some serious gaming/Disgaea grinding then turn off your 3G and Wifi first. if it's night time then turn down your brightness. All these help to extend your battery life just so.

Message 8 of 15 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Dec 22, 2012

havocsarmy wrote:

Google has some.

If my brain works well, there is 1 video on youtube that test the battery of Vita - PSP MH edition, Japan only - 3ds when Vita first came out in Japan. All 3 systems play Monter Hunter.

Message 9 of 15 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Dec 22, 2012
My battery seems to last pretty good. I don't know if PSOne Classics use less battery, but I can game all day on FF7 without needing a charge.
Message 10 of 15 (158 Views)
0 Likes