Jan 17 2014
By: Phillyblunz Umbrella Scientist 12313 posts

Will Titan Fall come to PS4 as is?

[ Edited ]
11 replies 1334 views Edited Jan 21, 2014

I thought it looked interesting originally, lots of things going on in that E3 video.

But if it comes to PS4 I hope it can have more players then what is possible on xbox one, the new one I mean.

They were trying to make the game 12 vs 12, but have now announced it will be 6 vs 6 plus bots.

http://www.shopto.net/news/45011/Titanfall-supports-a-maximum-of-6-vs-6-players-online

I am trying to find out how many players it will support on PC, and wonder if the limitation was due to either having to run on 360, or maybe thats all the one can muster without its cloud power turned up to 11?

Now I am unsure of the whole game, I am not sure I want the game on PS4 anymore.

The limitations of the game keep piling up, extremely low player counts, cant play without internet, only on MS platforms, etc.

If the PC version can support more players, or they do something miraculous with the AI bots then my interest may come back around.

Or they could make the AI bots be controllable like in Starwars Battlefront you could tell an AI bot to follow you, jump in your vehicle, etc.   I always like games that do this and would totally make up for the low player counts.

Also the Titans can apparently follow you around like an attack dog so it may still have some hope if they can make this work well and not being too cheap.

Does the low player counts change the way you see this game after the E3 videos were showing what seemed like large scale battles?

Do you think the PC version will also have the same limitations?

Peace.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 1 of 12 (1,334 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Re: Will Titan Fall come to PS4 as is?

Jan 17, 2014

I think that the PC version will likely have the same limitations as the Xbox One version.

Also, I do not thing that the original Titanfall will make it to PS4 until there is a second Titanfall on the market (which may not happen).

I have never, nor do I now, understand the hype behind this game.  I liked the concept of this game better when it was called Lost Planet.  The first two Lost Planet games were great.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 12 (1,327 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15094 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2014

Yeah, if it comes it will be identical to the X1 version. Right now, it's X1/360 and PC exclusive, but EA is the publisher and they never keep games console exclusive. So, I think that a eventual port will come to PS4 eventually. I think that whatever exclusive deal that MS has will run out eventually.

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 3 of 12 (1,315 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13012 posts

Jan 17, 2014
I was thinking this game would be like mass effect where the first one didn't come to the ps3 for like 3 years but then again since there is no singleplayer there wouldn't really be a point in getting it if sequels will be coming to the ps4
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 4 of 12 (1,309 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jan 17, 2014
When I first seen this game I gotta admit it caught my interest. I bought into the hype as well, despite never really enjoying any previous mech games.

That's all worn off now.

Multiplayer only, 6 on 6 and what?... Launching with 5 or 6 maps? This is the One's "system selling killer app"?

K :/

If it did come to PS4, I'd put it on my GF and check it out. But highly unlikely I'd even buy it... My guess is it go back to GF within a month (best case) and possibly withing a day or two.
 photo jermwarfare.png
Message 5 of 12 (1,285 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
249 posts

Jan 17, 2014

Not really interested in it any longer. 6 vs 6 is nothing these days. Those maps looked big and with the giant mechs and the ability to fly around all over and run up walls it's clearly not enough people on one map. If the maps are small what's the point of even having all those abilities. I can understand now why they didn't let it go with the XB1 release and I don't even care whether or not it comes to the PS4. 

Message 6 of 12 (1,262 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 17, 2014

My friend is playing the alpha right now and he said he wasn't that impressed after a couple games (he started off liking it mind you). He said  it isn't competitive, it's easy to play and get good at, requires no skill, and there's no room to improve. Ummmmm sounds a lot like COD to me so ummmmm I'll definitely pass.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 7 of 12 (1,233 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11489 posts

Jan 17, 2014
It's not coming to the ps4 ( maybe it's sequel will). But if it was I'm pretty sure it would be identical to the xboxone,
>

Message 8 of 12 (1,229 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jan 17, 2014

I'm not supposed to say a word about it, but trust me, there's no need for anything above 6v6.

Yes, it's like that game.

Message 9 of 12 (1,219 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Jan 17, 2014

No, it won't. And also, everyone should look at Titanfall's abilities. 6 vs 6 online with bots. You'll pay $60 for a game that is online only, 6 vs 6, and the majority of the map is CPU bots? There's nothing really fun about it.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 10 of 12 (1,207 Views)
0 Likes