Highlighted
Nov 08 2011
By: mrk1976 Splicer 74 posts

Will Sony offer updates and info on PSN compatibility?

4 replies 5 views Edited Nov 8, 2011

Hello all.

I am really looking forward to the Vita, and especially taking advantage of the PSN offerings. I have a question for anyone who might know.

As far as I can tell, if something on PSN is available for PSP, then it will/should be Vita compatible. Is this accurate? I'm looking to download several PSP on PSN titles, as well as movies/tv shows.

I read in another similar thread that Sony is "testing compatibility" of the PSP titles. If there are any compatibility issues, will Sony provide a list of said issues?

Thanks for reading!

Message 1 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Re: Will Sony offer updates and info on PSN compatibility?

Nov 9, 2011

mrk1976 wrote:

Hello all.

I am really looking forward to the Vita, and especially taking advantage of the PSN offerings. I have a question for anyone who might know.

As far as I can tell, if something on PSN is available for PSP, then it will/should be Vita compatible. Is this accurate? I'm looking to download several PSP on PSN titles, as well as movies/tv shows.

I read in another similar thread that Sony is "testing compatibility" of the PSP titles. If there are any compatibility issues, will Sony provide a list of said issues?

Thanks for reading!

yea as i understand most if not all psp downloadable games will be available on ps vita ,hopefully we will be able to download HD movies/ tv shows

yea some psp titles are being optimized to use vita capabilities ( like the 2 analog sticks for example ) couple of games that comes to my mind are Resistance Retribution and Monster Hunter portable 3

Message 2 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Nov 9, 2011

I am sure they will provide a list at some point.

Message 3 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Nov 9, 2011

i think sony did a bad job with making all psp games available for download. I mean i understand they need the copyrights or watever from 3rd parties, but still. Movies should work and hopefully they will make them HD or that filter thing on the vita to make it  more clear.

Message 4 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Nov 10, 2011

NGP_Requiem wrote:

i think sony did a bad job with making all psp games available for download. I mean i understand they need the copyrights or watever from 3rd parties, but still. Movies should work and hopefully they will make them HD or that filter thing on the vita to make it  more clear.

It is not Sony's job to create new contracts for old games unless they are the owners for it. Also what is the point of the going through all of that work, paying all of the extra people needed (lawyers, etc) just to get a few extra dollars from a game? That is what each company has thought about when choosing what to make available on the PSN.

Now the original question is about making sure games that are already on the PSN compatible with the PSVita. That deoends on the emulation, and I do not think any console emulator has offered 100% compatibility, as it is there has been an article that says Japan will not have an emulator available at launch, so they may not be able to access any PSN titles.

Message 5 of 5 (5 Views)
0 Likes