Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 17 2013
By: Fedy_Hamito First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Will Sony continue to make games for PS3 after the release of PS4?

9 replies 11215 views Edited May 17, 2013

Will Sony end making game for PS3 after they release their new platform? I've played online on my phat 360 xbox which crapped out on me when the cd drive stop spinning, and I been stuck in limbo mainly gaming on my laptop and I am trying to decide if I should buy an PS3.

I was considering buying a PS3 after the new release which prices for the PS3 should, but I dont really know  the story if Sony will continue to produce more PS3 games after and or continue to support PS3 on the Sony PS Network? I think Sony did some similar to their PS2 and PS One units, but I don't know remember all to clearly any more. If am correct, they still continued to make games for their older units just not the major new game title releases and that you were still able to game online through the Sony Playstation network. Though I am not all to sure again because when I played the PS2 i didn't make to big jump to online gaming yet.  I dont know what happened but I think I was switched back to gaming on the Xbox, but now I thinking of switching back to PS3 and even into the next gen PS 4 playform. So can someone help me clarify what Sony plans on doing with this? thx.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (11,215 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24142 posts

Re: Will Sony continue to make games for PS3 after the release of PS4?

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

Unlike what many want to believe, the PS3 will not come screaching to a halt, implode, or self destruct ala Mission Impossible. Games have a development cycle of years, so there are still going to be releases well after the PS4 hits shelves.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (11,204 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

May 17, 2013
As the cap said, yes they will.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (11,201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

May 17, 2013
The PlayStation 2 had a 10 year life span which it went about 12 years pumping games out. I spell out PlayStation (2) because most people forgot that the original Xbox was out and Microsoft completely STOPPED it to bring out the 360. Not a very supportive company if you ask me.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (11,191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6365 posts

May 17, 2013

Fedy_Hamito wrote:

Will Sony end making game for PS3 after they release their new platform? I've played online on my phat 360 xbox which crapped out on me when the cd drive stop spinning, and I been stuck in limbo mainly gaming on my laptop and I am trying to decide if I should buy an PS3.

I was considering buying a PS3 after the new release which prices for the PS3 should, but I dont really know  the story if Sony will continue to produce more PS3 games after and or continue to support PS3 on the Sony PS Network? I think Sony did some similar to their PS2 and PS One units, but I don't know remember all to clearly any more. If am correct, they still continued to make games for their older units just not the major new game title releases and that you were still able to game online through the Sony Playstation network. Though I am not all to sure again because when I played the PS2 i didn't make to big jump to online gaming yet.  I dont know what happened but I think I was switched back to gaming on the Xbox, but now I thinking of switching back to PS3 and even into the next gen PS 4 playform. So can someone help me clarify what Sony plans on doing with this? thx.

Of course they  will keep making games for ps3,  ps3 is on fire  now and alot of devs love the ps3 now to make games..  I think  we see  ps3  games still made for 2-3 more years maybe even longer depends on the  climate of them.
  I think ps3 has awsome games ahead inth years for it becuase it so powerful
Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (11,187 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4055 posts

May 17, 2013

Fedy_Hamito wrote:

Capt nailed it.

PS3 has at least another 2 years of new games / exclusives, after the release of the PS4.

In fact, "Gran Turismo 6" was just announced for a Holiday 2013 release, on PS3.

The same time the PS4 is supposed to be coming out.

Of course, all the people who are ready to sell / bury their PS3's are asking "Why no PS4 release?"

It's because Sony will (is) make(ing) sure to continue bringing games out to those who were smart enough to keep their PS3's.

The PS4 is just another member of the family. It is not here to replace the PS3 (any time soon.)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (11,182 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Get the ps3 cause after the ps4 comes out they will still be making ps3 games the ps3 is making them money so of corde your anser is solved
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (9,884 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10499 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2013

People are over-reacting. -_-

http://games.ninemsn.com.au/news/end-of-an-era-last-ps2-game-closes-door-on-sonys-gem

The last Playstation 2 game is.... FIFA 14!

That;s right folks, the last game of the Playstation 2 will come out around the time that the Playstation 4 hits stores.

So if the last Playstation 2 game comes out now, from a console with far less internet possabilities, imagine how long the Playstation 3 will last.  :smileywink:

EDIT: I just realised that this is just another old thread that someone just bumped. But hey, this is something people should know.

ossie castro5signature
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (9,880 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Aug 18, 2013
The short answer is I think so. I think The Last Gaurdian will remain a PS3 game out of principle.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (9,843 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Sep 1, 2013

what about the online servers, how long will thos be up?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (9,318 Views)
0 Likes