Aug 04 2011
By: Jarhead876 First Son 25 posts

Will PSN ever be great as XBOX LIVE? sony back-stabs PS3 PLAYERS

22 replies 267 views Edited Aug 4, 2011

question is simple, will PSN ever be as great as XBOX LIVE? As in "great" i mean more user friendly like having the ability to change you online ID?or maybe talk to 8 people at once while different players are playing different games? Oh and custom avatars. i hate how sony is coming up with all these lame ass updates for the ps3 so we can just forget about cross chat. SOOO sony back stabs us PS3 players by giving these amazing feature to the PS VITA. like WHAT THE ****! 

Message 1 of 23 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Re: Will PSN ever be great as XBOX LIVE? sony back-stabs PS3 PLAYERS

Aug 4, 2011

they'll implement those options when they can, i think they can't do it out of desire because it's similar to the 360 having the ability to play music while playing, microsoft owns that patent so i believe is the same case with this features not too sure though, that's the only logical reason i see not to add them considering how many people want them i'm not 100% sure so don't take my word as definitive

Message 2 of 23 (267 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 4, 2011

You can change your gamer tag on XBOX? Didnt know that. I personally HOPE that Sony will never let us change our ID's

Message 3 of 23 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Aug 4, 2011

Xbox may have a couple features but they have to pay for them lol.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 4 of 23 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Aug 4, 2011

PS Vita gets these features because it was built to have them, PS3 was not. The PSN was also not built for XGC. Since Vita and PS3 play and communicate together, ans Vita is getting cross game chat, maybe PS3 will be getting it soon too. When the hack happened on the PSN Sony went ahead and did "planned upgrades" to the network at that time, so that could have been in preparation for XGC for the PS3 and Vita, or just the Vita. If PS3 is getting it I don't expect it to come out till Vita is released.

The other possibility is that the PS3 simply cant handle XGC. Since Xbox has 512mb of total ram that the GPU and CPU share, and PS3 has 256mb dedicated to the GPU and 256mb dedicated to the CPU, there may not be enough CPU ram available to make XGC work, as to where the Xbox GPU does not get a full 256mb, which gives the CPU more memory which is better for multitasking, but not better for gaming. You would never build a gaming PC with out dedicated GPU ram, which is why PS3 has much better graphics for exclusives which fully take advantage of the PS3's GPU.

I do not feel like Sony back stabbed me, because I was never promised these features, if I wanted them I would buy another 360 since mine is broken. If both consoles had the same feature there would be no reason to buy one over the other. You seem to like Xbox live better, so play Xbox, no one is forcing you to play Playstation.

bren92 Trophy Card
Message 5 of 23 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Aug 4, 2011

damn for once i wish there was a way to give negative stars.

The O.P. is forgetting that all those things he mentioned are paid for - yes we know the other system has them ----and they pay for them ---- do you want to pay 60$ (i think) a year for those abilities?? I would never use any of them - so glad i have a free way to play

Talking to 8 people , changing name, and custom avatars. is it worth the money NOPE

Message 6 of 23 (267 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Aug 5, 2011

i guarantee that if sony does put those features to the ps3, you'll be using them so stfu. People like you just can't accept the fact the XBL is better than PSN

Message 7 of 23 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Aug 5, 2011

Jarhead876 wrote:

i guarantee that if sony does put those features to the ps3, you'll be using them so ****. People like you just can't accept the fact the XBL is better than PSN

ummmm hey genius - i didnt say xbl wasnt better ----- but not worth the price is my point. do they offer cool stuff? sure do they charge for it? YES. and the simple fact of the matter is that if i wanted those features i know sux-box has them, i would buy one. but i dont

and i have a full friends list. never once have i wanted to chat with 1 of them while they were playing a diffrent game then me

Message 8 of 23 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2532 posts

Aug 5, 2011

NO. The PSN 2011 is not even as good as Xbox Live 2005. Real Talk.

Photobucket

Monthly Subscription for Online Multiplayer is an Xbox Policy

Message 9 of 23 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Aug 5, 2011

SMH, Really guys. Look, why would you want to change your ID? Why did you come up with that ID? Would you seriously pay money to change it like you do on Xbox? You can easily just make a new account, true you lose friends and trophy data and game saves but are you willing to pay to change it or get it free? Also party chat isn't that good TBH, I have a xbox and when I go into party chat we talk and then we stop talking until something pops up thats interesting when we are playing different games. Its not that good and I don't see why you would want to talk to someone playing a different game.

ape escape. Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 10 of 23 (267 Views)
0 Likes