First Son
4 posts

Re: Will PS4 have party chat?

Jun 15, 2013

I Believe that some have hit the nail on the head with it will be a great feature. I use it quiet a bit on the XBox for avoiding anoying kids (yelling, singing and foul language) but it is also great in multiplayer when you and 3 or more friends are on. If you want to meet people it can still happen just don't go into private chat. You can get the best of everything WAY TO GO PLAYSTATION.

Message 31 of 49 (706 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I hope so.

The best use of "Party Chat" is being able to create a party to get friends together to play on multi player. Whatever is said in your party stays in your party. You do not want small children hearing you & or your friends or vice-versa while your playing! Who would???

And it is easily toggled from party chat or game chat while in-game/Lobby etc,

With the "One" reveal I'm very ticked off with Xbox/MS & I'm considering the PlayStation 4 as my next console.

I've never played on PS network so any intell on it would be great.

Hard to believe Sony network does not apparently already have this feature?

Why does it not???

Message 32 of 49 (639 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5202 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Party/cross game chat has been confirmed. 

Message 33 of 49 (635 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jun 18, 2013
Ya its in. Its featured in the newest ps4 add
Message 34 of 49 (629 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
428 posts

Jun 19, 2013

from my understanding it will only be peer chat "1 vs 1" not like XBL " you and 7 friends ie 8" 

I may be wrong but thats what is being said on other sites, Wish sony would give us more details.!!!!

Click To Help Improve The PlayStation 3 Experience
There are no ideas here for you. This can be for a couple of reasons:
A) You have not submitted any ideas yet. Why not fix that and submit something.
B) Your idea hasn't been approved yet. Hang in there.
MY IDEA NEEDS TO BE APPROVED?????????
Message 35 of 49 (583 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jun 20, 2013

yeah i'm pretty sure they will. i was looking up what comes with a playstation 4 in the box and it said the dualshock 4 controller and a headset. so most likely they will have some sort of cool party system,

Message 36 of 49 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3613 posts

Jun 20, 2013

L0NG_SHOT_28 wrote:

IF MS owns the patent other "party chat" software wouldn't exist.

Wrong...

All you have to do is change a few thing and improve it and bam your to build and use..

i know this because i own a patent myself...

As long as they don't trademark it and copywrite it, your fine.

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 37 of 49 (529 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 21, 2013

party chat is really good. insted of needing to go into a game to chat with ur clan you just open a party chat and u can talk to them.

for clan meetings. i used it all the time for  that.  and when ur playing games no one to talk to a friend can just join in ur chat and keeps u company

Message 38 of 49 (496 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jun 27, 2013
A distraction to gaming... You people are morons. You enjoy getting cussed out by 9 year olds in game chat? If I'm playing a single player game and I want to talk to my friend who's watching Netflix your telling me you think that's a bad idea?

HEY YOU TOOLS! if you're trying to play a "team" game and people are all partied up, just ask for an invite. I'm always in party chat, even if I don't have any friends online, I don't need to hear racist jokes or some jerk wad screaming at campers in cod or battlefield . I have no problem inviting you to a party in a game like left for dead, and the best part? If you're an **bleep** I'll just boot you. The only reason I own a Brokebox is because it's easier to connect with friends weather we're playing the same game, different games or just hanging out talking Cuz we don't want to use our minutes on our phone.

You people who say it's a distraction need to open up your minds a little. And don't say "oh there's a mute button" because I shouldn't have to stop mid game to mute some mouth breather who can't stop yelling at his cat just to mute him. If you need to communicate with peeps in a party just ask for an invite. But more often then not those of you who hate party chat are just the people who like to talk trash in the game lobby. Grow the hell up
Message 39 of 49 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Yoshida already confirmed it will. I expect it to play similarly to the Party chat with Vita and be compatible with Vita users (hopefully).

The reason why the PS3 didn't have the feature was due to no RAM left available to allocate to the feature.

Message 40 of 49 (427 Views)
0 Likes