Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Re: Will PS4 have party chat?

May 23, 2013
To the OP: question....answered! I did some research and found this:

http://www.ps4nexus.com/ps4-will-support-cross-game-chat/

The source at the end of the article is a pdf file. Cross game chat is mentioned on page 2. It might look different though, I'm using my phone.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 49 (5,120 Views)
First Son
4 posts

May 23, 2013

Awesome thanks a lot for the source! Looks like the ps4 will be the console for me and my friends this Gen.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 49 (5,110 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 23, 2013

Yeah that was one of the nice features of XBL that i missed on PSN. Its nice to talk to your friends in a game and avoid listening to all the racists, annoying kids , and listening to obnoxous trash talk .

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 49 (5,087 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

May 23, 2013
Just to restate what was confirmed.

http://www.psu.com/a018491/

A feature I used literally all the time when I was a 360 owner.
If you add me- let me know your from forum. I get a lot of request.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 49 (5,074 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

May 23, 2013

IF MS owns the patent other "party chat" software wouldn't exist.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 49 (5,065 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
973 posts

May 23, 2013

sweet i cant wait for ps4

Click the link below to follow us & receive notifications when we're live!
My Broadcast Channel
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 49 (5,059 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Will Playstation 4 Have Party Chat?

Jun 11, 2013

I would have to agree with your statment to a point. I was one of those lost to the original xbox when I finally got my hands on xbox live (but i never forgot about my playstations. just couldn't afford two consoles so no PS3 :smileysad: ...). Though I love having party chat because sometimes I just want to talk with my friends. I do miss the fun lobbys. That being said I would also say things like matchmaking took from fun lobbys as well, Not just party chat. But there are still games that you can have the fun lobbys as long as the game designers have the custom lobbys to support such a network. Forza being one of them. For all the glitchy falts forza has had. I can forgive all because of the community created by the custom lobbys. Witch im going to miss soo much because microsoft felt they needed to be Dbags (I will never forgive them for this by the way). Games that are just matchmaking take the most away from the community in my opinion, but party chat did't help it eather. I think as long as game designers keep the custom lobbys in the game were theres a host and you can search them. The community will stay intact. I would say Forza 4 is the perfict representation of this because if you were in a custom lobby no one was in party chat because you had to communicate with the host.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 49 (4,328 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Why are you people crying about party chat being on? You don't have to be in it, it's an option. Just like choosing to use a mic is an option. If one friend is on another game either because they don't have it or they don't want to play, party chat is perfect! Again, no one will force you to use it!
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 49 (3,690 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3797 posts

Jun 14, 2013

To those complaining about having party chat, I can understand. Game lobbies in the old days actually had people talking but now it is mostly silent.

HOWEVER party chat can be restricted on certain games if a developer chooses so (they had party chat restrictions on COD).

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 49 (3,686 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Party Chat has it's pros and cons. 

The pros being it's private and you don't have to deal with idiots singing, fighting, trolling, and being holes. 

The cons being it's often quiet in lobbys and you never really meet anyone new. 

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 49 (3,681 Views)
0 Likes