Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 22 2013
By: yunogasaiyandere First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Will PS4 have party chat?

48 replies 53751 views Edited May 22, 2013

Do you guys think ps4 will have party chat like the 360 does? Me and my friends usually get on xbox while we play ps3 so we can chat without having other people bothering us. If it does it'll be a definite buy for us (especially with all the talk about used game fees and stuff like that on xbox one)

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 49 (53,751 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Will Playstation 4 Have Party Chat?

Feb 28, 2013

Just wondering if the Playstation 4 will have party chat like the PS Vita, they annonced a lot of things with the PS4 but herd no word about Party, or cross game chat.

CoDMelo is the name, Playing Call of Duty dropping 30 kills-Per-Game.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 49 (53,522 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16316 posts

Re: Will Playstation 4 Have Party Chat?

Feb 28, 2013

Much as I wish they wouldn't have it I'm sure they will. Didn't you watch the conference? The PS4 is all about the "Social" aspect of gaming. Instantly sharing video, asking friends for help or to take over midgame. Yes, I'm sure it'll be there.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 49 (53,518 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Yea i agree i dont want playstation to have party chat due to the fact that its a distraction to gaming, only reason i asked was because i was in a consle debate and i said that playstaion is going to add party chat to there system and try and get there players they lost to xbox and i just want to make sure my statment was correct. I also seen the announcement but didnt hear thenn say specifically say they were adding party chat i just assumed. Thanks for the clarity!

CoDMelo is the name, Playing Call of Duty dropping 30 kills-Per-Game.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 49 (53,514 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Feb 28, 2013
It would be a sweet feature to add, I see nothing distracting about it.. really. I also have an Xbox 360 & the only reason I use it is because of how party chat makes me feel a bit more connected with my friends.
This is my signature. This is a ninja QK
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 49 (53,507 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Yes, it will have party chat, its in the official document they released:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130221a_e.pdf?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 49 (53,494 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9128 posts

Mar 1, 2013
It's not that its distracting but it definitely takes away from teamwork and community aspects of games. Xbox Live went from social lobbies to complete silence with this feature. Fun when playing with people already on your list but if you try to play when nobody is on or are playing a game that none of your friends play, good luck finding team work or even meeting friends most the time.

Think of it this way. If party chat currently existed on PSN, most of the people you have on your friends list, you never would have net to begin with because they would have been off in their own chat the first time you ever played with them.

Now if Sony does it a bit different than Xbox Live and doesnt automatically make your party private, it could be a good thing. But if your party is automatically private unless the leader changes it, I am not looking forward to it. A game like MAG couldn't even be played correctly with this feature since OIC and other leaders wouldn't be able to communicate with the team.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 49 (53,471 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 16, 2013
How is that distracting? Its crossgame chatting its not like youre forced to use it. When your playing a multiplayer game with your friends youre conversating i see no difference with it being crossgamed i love it its the only thing ive slways wanted from psn its how i made so many friends on xbox when i used to play
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 49 (53,397 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9128 posts

Mar 17, 2013
If you ever experienced how great meeting friends was on Xbox before they introduced party chat, you would be singing a different tune. Turning a once great gaming community into a bunch of private, casual mini social networks is the worst thing to happen to the service.

And you really are forced to use it because since the feature was put into place, once very fun game lobbies became either very silent or full of racist Dbags with no way to keep order.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 49 (53,059 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5320 posts

Re: Will PS4 have party chat?

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

If they don't that would just be sad. There is no reason they can't finally add a last gen feature like that. Given all the sharing and other options its going to have it would be a joke if I can't chat with a couple friends at once...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 49 (53,746 Views)