Highlighted
Aug 05 2011
By: MJGAMING Splicer 47 posts

Will PS+ be on PS Vita?

4 replies 14 views Edited Aug 5, 2011

Does anyone know if Playstation Plus will appear on the Playstation Vita?   I really like Playstation Plus and this would just make it that much better. 

Message 1 of 5 (14 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13654 posts

Re: Will PS+ be on PS Vita?

Aug 5, 2011

Out of all the recent questions for Vita, this is the most rational one yet (and a very good one i might add).

Although sadly, like the other questions, none of us know. It would be nice though, to see PS+ on the Vita. Then the program would appeal to more people and be much more worth it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 5 (14 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7215 posts

Aug 5, 2011

I would expect it to be available at least in the same sense that it is "available" for PSP - PS1 classics and minis (though it requires a PS3 to get plus in the first place).  Beyond that, like glaciusx25 said, none of us know.

Message 3 of 5 (14 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 5, 2011

JERM7 wrote:

I would expect it to be available at least in the same sense that it is "available" for PSP - PS1 classics and minis (though it requires a PS3 to get plus in the first place).  Beyond that, like glaciusx25 said, none of us know.

I agree. To appeal to the widest audience possible, the PSminis and PS1 classics will be compatible with the PSP and PS Vita for now. I would expect over time PS+ will integrate PS Vita content into the subscription service...

Message 4 of 5 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Aug 6, 2011

To some extent I think it has to be to keep from alienating the existing PSP audience.  I can already go to the store and download my PS+ PSOne and Minis offerings, so I do not see Sony taking that away from PS+ subscribers.

Also, there have been conversations about cloud saves, so Sony either has to say all Vita users get cloud saves or keep them as a PS+ specific feature in order to drive PS+ subscription adoption.  Of course I am not sure how many Vita owners that do not currently subscribe to PS+ will want to pony up for PS+ in order to take advantage of cloud saves.

Message 5 of 5 (14 Views)
0 Likes