May 09 2012
By: ReubenPatrick Monster Hunter 34 posts

Will MineCraft be released for PS Vita?

[ Edited ]
60 replies 38328 views Edited Feb 13, 2014

I've found MineCraft a great, thought enticing, imagination wonderland. You do have to admit that it's a pretty sweet game if you're a creative and imaginative person - or any gamer - .

For Me there's a chance of that happening because the Vita has so much potential yet this potential has not been explored yet. Minecraft alone would be hit, critically and commercialy so putting it on the Vita might just help Sony with their problems.

Since the Game was also released in Sony's Xperia , do you think it would be released for the PS Vita as well and would it be just as good?

Edit: Title udpated and added label

Message 1 of 61 (38,328 Views)
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Re: MineCraft for PS Vita

May 9, 2012

Well I think the reason why the game in on the Sony Xperia is because that game was already on sale on other smartphones. I mean, I have also been thinking of having the creativity tool right on my Vita, and I really don't see a reason why not to include it. I think a version of Minecraft was released for XBOX360.

Also I think the vita's potential is being exploered right now, becuase many cool games are going to come out by the end of the year, we just have to wait till then.... But yeah, Minecraft will defenetly make a huge impact with Vita sells. Having the full Minecraft game on your hands? I'm in!

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 2 of 61 (38,328 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

May 9, 2012

Id like minecraft on the Vita, especially if they have a way where you can put the server on your vita for people to play on their PC.. I host a server but have to keep my PC on 24 7 to keep it up, would be nice to shut down my PC when I want and just have the Vita run a server in the background while its charging or something while i go to work.

Photobucket

Message 3 of 61 (38,328 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
629 posts

May 9, 2012

Sadly, They already said they wont port it to the vita

Message 4 of 61 (38,328 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

May 9, 2012

yohan12 wrote:

Sadly, They already said they wont port it to the vita

sadly i have heard that, me personally I would just rather have a server app of some kind then the actual game.. I am too use to my mouse and keyboard for minecraft.

Photobucket

Message 5 of 61 (38,328 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 18, 2012
mojang put out a statement saying that they have no interest even though they are missing a large opportunity
Message 6 of 61 (37,757 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Ain't gonna happen they've announced it but we can at least keep our hopes up for terraria on ps vita

ps for Viewtiful josh dude the xperia play was the first phone of anykind to have minecraft pocket edition and that helped its sales tremendously it wasn't ported as a side project  it was the original source

Message 7 of 61 (36,535 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 1, 2012

The xperia play was the first thing to have minecraft pocket edition it wasn't ported from another type of phone

Message 8 of 61 (36,534 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Dec 1, 2012
That would be awesome, Minecraft gets boring after a while when your building extra floors and rooms just to build them (and your too frieghtened to go mining because it gives you a heart attack when a creeper comes out of nowhere) but it would still be fun
Message 9 of 61 (36,528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Even though the sales for the Vita are remotely low, Moving minecraft onto it would change hundreds of thousands of opinions. Many people I know have bought a laptop... Just to play minecraft. Imagine the sales if it were for the vita.

Message 10 of 61 (33,078 Views)
0 Likes