Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 18 2012
By: Pooolpy First Son 12 posts

Will GPS work in my country?

3 replies 10 views Edited Feb 18, 2012

Hi. I have one question: I wonder,if GPS will work in my country on my PS VITA? I live in Georgia(ASIA),under Russia. I have never used GPS before. But ones I saw that some people use GPS in there cars. Will GPS work on my vita or not? Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Re: Will GPS work in my country?

Feb 18, 2012

if the provider allows global use of the sims, yes. but if you need an unlocked 3G Ver you will want to buy the Chinese Vita.

Message 2 of 4 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Feb 18, 2012

Pooolpy wrote:

Hi. I have one question: I wonder,if GPS will work in my country on my PS VITA? I live in Georgia(ASIA),under Russia. I have never used GPS before. But ones I saw that some people use GPS in there cars. Will GPS work on my vita or not? Thanks

GPS satellites circle practically the whole globe, aircraft use them, ships use them. (You have trouble at the north and south poles)

The only thing you have to ask is if the 3G cellphone signal will work, is there an operator in your country signed up to supply the SIM card for the 3G version? Or do you have to buy an unlocked PSVita from Hong Kong and put in a SIM card (with data plan) from a provider of your choice?

Message 3 of 4 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Feb 18, 2012

If you have an imported version of the Vita (Japanese, American, Canadian etc) you'll have to work out a way of unlocking the 3G so that you can put a compatiable sim card in there.

If you don't plan to use 3G, then you won't have a problem using it via Wi-Fi

Message 4 of 4 (10 Views)
0 Likes