Jun 25 2013
By: SoopaMan2K Uncharted Territory 1495 posts

Will Final Fantasy XIV be digital download?

8 replies 369 views Edited Jun 25, 2013

Any info on this? I also would like to know if I will be able to pay for my subscription through the PS Store? Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Re: Will Final Fantasy XIV be digital download?

Jun 25, 2013

Square-Enix hasn't said.  I've said this many times on the SE forums, that I hope there are more flexible methods of payment than just a credit card, billed monthly.  I know that MMO's on consoles aren't exactly everyday occurrences, and many gamers are probably like I was - never played one before, maybe had negative misconceptions.  Well, I've been beta testing XIV, and I have fallen in love.

I really hope there are both digital and physical payment options.  I hope you can buy it in the PS Store, and redeem cards you purchase at retailers.  But, to date, nothing definitive has been announced.

PSN: sleepyeyes2k2
Reformed Xbox Gamer

21lob2s.png
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (365 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Hey thanks! Here's hoping...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (357 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Hopefully the model of console MMO games payments are a 1 time buy deal.

With the PS4 for example, i will be playing both this and ESO.
Id rather not be faced with paying 3 different payments: PS+,ESO and this.

Id rather it be a deal where "You buy the disc, you play online as long as you want" deal.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (347 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14949 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

More than likely, yes, it will be available for Day 1 download

That is a WHOLE TON of data that would require the BD-ROM drive to stream, almost constantly if it wasn't installed to the PS3's hdd.

No matter if you buy from the store and install it, or buy from the PSN Store and download it, you're still going to have to install it.

Final Fantasy 11 HAD to be installed to the PS2's hdd, then again, that wasn't a problem because it came with a hdd for the ps2.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (344 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jun 25, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Final Fantasy 11 HAD to be installed to the PS2's hdd, then again, that wasn't a problem because it came with a hdd for the ps2.

TBH, im very surprised the game is still running for PS2, considering the PS2 hard drives are required and sold very poorly. 

How many people on PS2 could honestly be playing it?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (337 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14949 posts

Jun 25, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

TBH, im very surprised the game is still running for PS2, considering the PS2 hard drives are required and sold very poorly. 

How many people on PS2 could honestly be playing it?

you can buy the standalone game discs and use your own hdd with the fat PS2's network adapter.

And the PC version is still running, thats why the PS2 version is still up. Although not many servers to choose from since attendance is almost always low, but still consistently populated.

Just like WoW, its going to be running for quite a long time. Although I don't see how FF11 could ever be profitable even today because it didn't do THAT well.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jun 25, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:
Hopefully the model of console MMO games payments are a 1 time buy deal.

With the PS4 for example, i will be playing both this and ESO.
Id rather not be faced with paying 3 different payments: PS+,ESO and this.

Id rather it be a deal where "You buy the disc, you play online as long as you want" deal.

Funny, there was an online RPG for the PS3 that used just that setup... and we all know what happened to that game.

Yes, I am a Homestuck. DEAL WITH IT.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Digital Version is must for me get PS3 Version otherwise i Wait for PS4 Version

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (310 Views)
0 Likes