Oct 23 2012
By: ONLINEMONEYBAGZ First Son 3 posts

Will 4.30 fix the 4.25 issue? HELP NEEDED :)

4 replies 628 views Edited Oct 23, 2012

Hi there,

I've not updated my ps3 to 4.25 and am on the previous firmware update. When i read and heard that ps3's, especially slim models were failing or having burnt disc readers as a result of the 4.25 update, i got worried and didnt update. Now that update 4.30 is out, can anyone say whether the update fixes the 4.25 issue? Like, if i update to 4.30, will i incur the problems some got when updating to 4.25? Its very annoying and i wish sony brought out a fix but there's not even been a mention of it. Really confused.

Regards

Money

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (628 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Will 4.30 fix the 4.25 issue? HELP NEEDED :)

Oct 23, 2012
You have to realize that after EVERY firmware update, someone claims that it ruined their console, so you really have to take it with a grain of salt. IMO those that have problems, likely already had a pre-existing problem with their PS3. Personally I haven't had a problem with any of the firmware updates.

If you are that cautious, I suggest waiting a few days and see if there are more than a few complaints about this latest firmware update. If there isn't any by the end of the week, IMO it is safe to download.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (590 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Having been one of those "grain of salt" folks you are talking about, I sincerely hope 4.30 fixes whatever Sony realizes is wrong.

Considering the only thing that changed in the under five minutes that took my PS3 from fully functional to unable to read either Bluray or DVD's was, in fact, update 4.25.......I'm not buying Sony's nor your dismissive tone with my brick. 

The fact that each model of PS3 has different components, especially with optical drives.....and sometimes within each model series.....firmware could absolutely be telling a certain percentage of the total number to perform incorrectly.  To claim otherwise is to be ignorant.

I'm thankful you haven't found a problem with your unit.....because neither had I until that update.  I'm sure you will feel diffferent should that change after a download.

"Ocean: A body of water on a world MADE for man.....who has no gills."
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Well I own 2 PS3's, one 120 slim the other a 160 slim. My 120 slim was unaffected by the update, but my 160 was totally lag everything, xmb, Internet, and games. The 4.30 didn't fix anything on my 160 slim. To read comments that a firmware couldn't destroy a ps3 or anything adds insult to injury. I'm a 30+ man that has no reason to lie. My 160 gig ps3 worked flawless before 4.25, now it's junk!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (451 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15006 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Dinkster37 wrote:

Having been one of those "grain of salt" folks you are talking about, I sincerely hope 4.30 fixes whatever Sony realizes is wrong.

Considering the only thing that changed in the under five minutes that took my PS3 from fully functional to unable to read either Bluray or DVD's was, in fact, update 4.25.......I'm not buying Sony's nor your dismissive tone with my brick. 

The fact that each model of PS3 has different components, especially with optical drives.....and sometimes within each model series.....firmware could absolutely be telling a certain percentage of the total number to perform incorrectly.  To claim otherwise is to be ignorant.

I'm thankful you haven't found a problem with your unit.....because neither had I until that update.  I'm sure you will feel diffferent should that change after a download.

I've never had an issue with an update.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (405 Views)
0 Likes