Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
63 posts

Re: Will 1.5mbps internet service be enough for online gaming?

Dec 21, 2012

I have Roadrunner also just pay a extra $10 for there next internet package and you will be good to go i have No issues Hosting or Playing. Its worth it

Get your Portable ID!

Hi I Like Cookie's
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

anything under 7 mg is awful. dsl fastest speed maxes out at 7mg that should tell you how slow and outdated 7mg really is. you need 10mg or above and always stay wired.  fios, cable companies standard minimum starts at 15 meg. im in california and charters minimun speed they offer is 30mg for 30 bucks. but if you live in the sticks, yeah your screwed

One day at a time babe....
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
455 posts

Dec 22, 2012

BS! i have 1MB (130 kbps/s max. download) and never experienced any problem. I live in a 3rd world country and what i pay for that is what you would pay for 10MB :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (249 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Dec 22, 2012

I live in the boonies and have a Wi-Max connection.  I get on average about 1mb down and 1mb up and I every PS3 title I've tried to play online has been decent to good.  I've had some issues with Medal of Honor, but that's also an EA game.  Minor lag spikes on occassion with Killzone 3 but nothing gamebreaking.

Consoles actually handle netcode better then PC's do as they are geared for a specific use.  You'll be able to play as long as your ping times are reasonable.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1513 posts

Dec 22, 2012

So you have the basic plan wich is 19.99 for up to 3 Mbps.

If you upgrade to the standard plan you get up to 15 Mbps for 34.99.

If you can I would go with the turbo package wich is up to 20 Mbps for 45.

Just so you know that is capital M so your 3Mbps is actually 24 mbps.

So your fine with the basic plan but if you can go up to the standard plan wich is 15Mbps= 120mbps.

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (240 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 15, 2014
What service did u switch too
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (76 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 15, 2014
Wat service did u go to
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2522 posts

Jul 15, 2014

if its wired. it would be enough. not the best connection. but good enough. bandwidth does not matter. as long as you have good ping. (we're talking 1.5 mbps upload. I used to have 0.3 mb upload dsl service. and i didn't have trouble with playing online. just terrible for downloading and uploading.). though now I have about 5 mbps upload and about 50 mbps download.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (73 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Jul 15, 2014
15mbps = 15Mbps.

The capital M means nothing.

Mb/mb = megaBIT.

MB = megaBYTE.

Byte is bigger than a Bit.

1000megabit aka gigabit is equal to 125megabytes.

if you're confused, use Google to get refresher on the various bit and byte calculations and how they relate to one another. And do not use Wiki... It will just confuse you as it also mentions other data terminology that is not even commonly used
Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (70 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Jul 15, 2014
The capital M AND B is a big difference.

With that said.

It's best to stick with 3mb service.

Most ISPs limit things like ping per each tier, so get the highest you can afford or is offered on your area.. And with looming 'fast lanes' from ISPs, ping and bandwidth with be more at a premium.

But overall, what's most important is your Ping time. The lower it is the brothers online experience. Must be at least 75ms or lower, otherwise, games that require fast reactions like shooters and fighters will not be very fun because what you think is the first shot or punch is possibly slower than the other guy.
Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (66 Views)
0 Likes