Feb 28 2013
By: semajmarc87 Treasure Hunter 5174 posts

Wii U sales fall below PS Vita in Japan

6 replies 173 views Edited Feb 28, 2013

Wii U sales fall below PS Vita in Japan

Wii U continues to show no signs of a recovery in Japan with sales for the week beginning February 18 coming in at only 9,633 units, reports MediaCreate.

This means that for the first time the weekly Wii U figure is lower than the PS Vita's (11,456 units). The Vita benefited from some retailers slashing the price of the handheld ahead of the official price cut, but expect a bigger increase next week when the reduction is nationwide.

PS3 moved 18,529 units, while the 3DS continues to dominate the marketplace with a further 74,729 units sold.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance took the software crown – the PS3 version shifting 308,681 units – with Namco Bandai's Tank! Tank! Tank! the highest placed Wii U game at No.13 with 4,714 copies sold. The multiplayer arcade game had previously been available free-to-play via the eShop.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/wii_u_sales_fall_below_ps_vita_in_japan.html

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
225+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 1 of 7 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Re: Wii U sales fall below PS Vita in Japan

Feb 28, 2013

There's already a thread about it: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/Ha-ha-wow-lol/m-p/39664931#U39664931 only a few posts below. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm happy Nintendo is eating their own words but you know, considering that their handheld still outsells the PSV 7 to 1 we are in no position to be gloating at one week where the sales didn't suck to the bottom (only to the spot right above it). The PSV has a year ahead of the Wii U which translates in more games, so yeah, it's a no brainer that it should sell more than the Wii U. If anything, it's embarrassing that it took this long~.

Message 2 of 7 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5174 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

There's already a thread about it: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/Ha-ha-wow-lol/m-p/39664931#U39664931 only a few posts below. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm happy Nintendo is eating their own words but you know, considering that their handheld still outsells the PSV 7 to 1 we are in no position to be gloating at one week where the sales didn't suck to the bottom (only to the spot right above it). The PSV has a year ahead of the Wii U which translates in more games, so yeah, it's a no brainer that it should sell more than the Wii U. If anything, it's embarrassing that it took this long~.

The thread title was "Ha ha, wow. lol" and the first post was just two vague sentences. There was no way that I could have known that.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
Message 3 of 7 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 28, 2013
I'll give you about the title (still, I do read all threads just to be extra sure, no matter how inane the titles are) but his post contains a link to an article from a different site alluding to the same thing : PSV outselling the Wii U~.

Let's be honest, no gaming site cares about gaming companies, they are just looking to get hits by posting sensationalist headlines like "PSV outsells Wii U" and similar titles that aim at stirring up flame wars~.

Otherwise, every week should feature an article named "The 3DS outsells everybody combined...again"~.
Message 4 of 7 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

JuanMdP wrote:

The thread title was "Ha ha, wow. lol" and the first post was just two vague sentences. There was no way that I could have known that.

Weren't you just a little curious where the link would take you? I mean, you took the time to enter the thread. lol.

Sorry, I really didn't think anyone here would care, since one is a new console and the other a handheld. Figured I'd get flamed if I posted it in a serious way. lol.

I am interested in seeing how sales are after Soul Sacrifice comes out and they get that price cut.

Good day to you, thread stealer. Smiley LOL Just messing with you.

Message 5 of 7 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Given its hype (and boy, do I wish Sony would hype all their games like they hyped SS) it'll spike sales for a bit. Maybe not as much as P4:G did but it may last a couple of weeks~.
Message 6 of 7 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5174 posts

Feb 28, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

JuanMdP wrote:

Weren't you just a little curious where the link would take you? I mean, you took the time to enter the thread. lol.

Sorry, I really didn't think anyone here would care, since one is a new console and the other a handheld. Figured I'd get flamed if I posted it in a serious way. lol.

I am interested in seeing how sales are after Soul Sacrifice comes out and they get that price cut.

Good day to you, thread stealer. Smiley LOL Just messing with you.

The only reason I even went to that thread was because JuanMdP gave me a link to it.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
Message 7 of 7 (130 Views)
0 Likes