May 15 2013
By: HorrorGod Welcoming Committee 4404 posts

Wife surprised me with a PS Vita. Any game recommendations?

13 replies 154 views Edited May 15, 2013

Last night my Wife surprised the hell out of me by coming home from work and whipping out a PS Vita from behind her back, along with a "Happy Anniversary!"

I only have a 4gb card in it right now and I downloaded "Uncharted: Golden Abyss" off PS+. But, I'm wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for lesser known, sleeper, downloadable PSV titles? Stuff I (or most people) may overlook.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 1 of 14 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Re: Wife surprised me with a PS Vita. Any game recommendations?

May 15, 2013
well what kind of games do you like
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 2 of 14 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

May 15, 2013
Sleeper Downloadable Titles? Here is what I would recommend, in order of preference:

- Guacamelee
- Retro City Rampage
- Big Sky Infinity
Message 3 of 14 (146 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

May 15, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

I only have a 4gb card in it right now and I downloaded "Uncharted: Golden Abyss" off PS+. But, I'm wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for lesser known, sleeper, downloadable PSV titles? Stuff I (or most people) may overlook.

Like a poster above said, it depends heavily on the type of games you like. When you say lesser, you are basically saying indie games, still, knowing the genres you like can help a lot~.

Message 4 of 14 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15737 posts

May 15, 2013

The other two must have Vita games are Wipeout 2048 (the add-on makes it a new portable Wipeout HD) and Lumines. Also the best arvcade game is still Super Star Dust Delta. Other games are Resistance, Gravity Rush, PS All-stars, etc. 

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 5 of 14 (118 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

May 15, 2013

Thomas Was Alone is a good title I reccommend getting your hands on. I highly suggest you get more than a 4GB memory card. If you're going to be downloading games from PSN you'll need more space. I had an 8GB card for the first couple of months and it wasn't enough.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 6 of 14 (115 Views)
MVP Support
40067 posts

May 15, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Last night my Wife surprised the hell out of me by coming home from work and whipping out a PS Vita from behind her back, along with a "Happy Anniversary!"

Congrat's on the Anniversary & also on the present, I'd suggest getting a much bigger SD card, that 4GB one won't go too far.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 7 of 14 (109 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

May 15, 2013
if you like assassins creed. liberation is a fun on the go like AC title

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 8 of 14 (99 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

May 15, 2013
There is s little games to choose from so its hard to awnswer lol.
Message 9 of 14 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

May 15, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

Congrat's on the Anniversary & also on the present, I'd suggest getting a much bigger SD card, that 4GB one won't go too far.

BRIT-KO

Thank you. It's not until next month, so it was an "early" anniversary gift.

I want to get at least a 16gb. But, 4gb will get me started so I can actually play something. (it was only $15)

I have no problem making it work until I can get a bigger one (deleting games once I'm finished with them.)

Tinys wrote:
well what kind of games do you like

I like dark games (horror, morbid, thriller, weird, etc.)

But, I'm a gamer. I'll try anything once. If I can't get into it, oh well, at least I gave it a shot.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 10 of 14 (83 Views)
0 Likes