Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Re: WiFi Connection...

May 28, 2011

Try disabling encryption on your router and connect with your psp to the "open" network. If it works, then it rules out your psp system as the problem. Also, you shouldn't be using WEP encryption anyways, it's been cracked and anybody with the right program can hack into your network. Use WPA at least.

Message 11 of 13 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

May 28, 2011

Fenix383 wrote:

Try disabling encryption on your router and connect with your psp to the "open" network. If it works, then it rules out your psp system as the problem. Also, you shouldn't be using WEP encryption anyways, it's been cracked and anybody with the right program can hack into your network. Use WPA at least.

Ditto that. You might as well not even be using security if you're running WEP. It's worthless.

Set your router to WPA+WPA2 mixed mode and set all your other devices to WPA2. For the PSP use WPA-PSK (AES).

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Message 12 of 13 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

May 28, 2011

GeekGod wrote:

Fenix383 wrote:

Ditto that. You might as well not even be using security if you're running WEP. It's worthless.

Set your router to WPA+WPA2 mixed mode and set all your other devices to WPA2. For the PSP use WPA-PSK (AES).

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).

DITTO THAT! lol It's true though. WEP is pretty much the same as no password at all.

Message 13 of 13 (20 Views)
0 Likes