First Son
2 posts

Re: Why your not getting the new PS4

Jul 15, 2013

perfect! thx for the info. Lets go with Xbox ONE then!

Message 31 of 39 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 15, 2013

There are other places besides GameStop that sell PS2 games, I assure you. If you wish to play all these, you can buy one of the original PS3 models with 4 USB ports for 100% backwards compatability, and then get a PS4. Then you have every generation of console at your hands. However, they will be using a cloud-streaming service for PS4 to play previous generation games on it. If you want a good place to buy games, may I suggest Amazon. They have an extremely wide selection of games, and are bound to have what you need for your earlier generation gaming needs.

Message 32 of 39 (225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Why should we sale ower game’s in the first place Sony started the collector’s edition’s and a lot people have them but they are not a collectible’s if there isn’t something to play it on . So why don’t you burn your baseball cards and set fire to antique cars and move on . And for you folks that is tilling us to shut up or we are crybaby’s no one force you to come in here.

Message 33 of 39 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Oh this is a BC thread. I thought we finished that about a month ago?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 34 of 39 (197 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Jul 15, 2013
Sorry, I don't understand what your trying to say. Also I don't wanna be a grammar nanny, but it is very awfully put together.
Message 35 of 39 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1650 posts

Jul 15, 2013

woodjiger wrote:

Why should we sale ower game’s in the first place Sony started the collector’s edition’s and a lot people have them but they are not a collectible’s if there isn’t something to play it on . So why don’t you burn your baseball cards and set fire to antique cars and move on . And for you folks that is tilling us to shut up or we are crybaby’s no one force you to come in here.

Ok, look, I would love to have BC as much as the next person (I like going back to play older games sometimes too), but would you REALLY be willing to pay 150-250 more for a system to be BC? Really? We would be talking like 550-650 here, maybe more, who knows. Sony is not going to make the same mistake they made with the PS3, they will not make the PS3 close ot 600-700 dollars like last time. Microsoft would win, and sony would just fail again because not many people would pay that much again, and on top of that, sony could fail big time financially if they did that seeing as they are already in a hole as it is.

They are coming out with BC in the form of digital downloads. With Gaikai you wll be able to play older PS1, PS2, and PS3 games on the PS4, you'll just have to downlaod them. Sony didn't lie to you, they just came out with something in another form. The days of backwards compatibilty are coming to an end. You can't just open up a machine and plug in BC. Theres developement, added time needed, etc, which in turn costs more money. Its not as simple as just screwing in a lightbulb like you think it is.

Now, my question is, will you have to pay for them again? Would they just be able to somehow tell what older games you have and then just let you download them again, or will we all have to re-pay for them?

I just want to know why you just can't keep your PS3? Unless you would be trading it in for a PS4? I don't have my 360 anymore, but theres more to my reasoning in doing it than just trading it in to afford a PS4.

Message 36 of 39 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 15, 2013

woodjiger wrote:

Obviously you have no idea what a "collectible" even is. For something to be a "collectible" it MUST stay in mint condition. By definition you are not SUPPOSED to play with it to begin with, otherwise the collectible value of it is removed. If you want these old games to be "collectibles", well, you should never have opened them to begin with.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 37 of 39 (174 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Jul 15, 2013

WOW. We can't have everything we want?

What has this world come to? Sarcasm!

But if YOU try sometimes, YOU get what YOU need.

Seriously if this is the only problem the PS4 has I will be estatic.

The solution for backward compatibility until Gaikai would be to keep your PS3.

SOLVED. Carry on now.

PSN.png

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 38 of 39 (170 Views)
Highlighted
MVP Support
6000 posts

Jul 15, 2013

woodjiger wrote:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/If-Sony-was-to-add-backwards-compatibilit...

Sane people who are collectors KEEP THEIR CONSOLES. No really you should try It sometime. I have all my old consoles and games in my closet and in case I want to bring the nostalgia back, I simply pull them out and play Them. PS2 still rocking hard with my Time Splitters series, Mega Man Legends  games [canon] still playing fine on my ps1 white console, etc. Guess what I'm doing with my ps3 once I get my PS4, I'm going to keep it. not only to continue playing the great ps3 games coming out in the next coming months and years, but I'm a PlayStation Plus member - gotta continue getting Those free games from Sony on all 3 of my platforms  (Vita, ps3, PS4).

Again, sorry buddy, you're in the minority, keep your ps3, buy a PS4...

Message 39 of 39 (149 Views)
0 Likes