Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Re: Why your not getting the new PS4

Jul 14, 2013

woodjiger wrote:

Please don’t get me wrong I love my play station just as much as the next gamer. Life was good I had a play station 2 in every room and a but load of game’s that was Intel play station 3 came out and it to wouldn’t support PS1 or PS2 game’s so I dropped out of the Advisory panel and the forum’s because if PS3

wasn’t going to support the other two I wasn’t going to support it.

Now its been 5or 6 years later and I see company rep on national TV say that the Sony play station 4 ( WILL PLAY THE OLDER GAME’S) So I came back to the forum only to fine out that PS4 well not play any of the game’s the company rep said it would wish I had a dime for every time a company rep lied on TV .

But what I don’t under stand why some one hasn’t sided anything about PS4 they add a new graphics card and a new reader and some bells and whishes and your all over it I can under stand the younger gamers’ but none of the older gamers’ has said one word ? Has things gotten so bad that we have to stall for scraps off the master’s table.

X BOX is a knock off of play station and WII is ok for the kiddy’s I just what my play station back you can keep your bells and whistle’s for the younger gamers’ but us older gamers’ live for the game.

Troll...

Message 11 of 39 (222 Views)
Wastelander
837 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

im smh,

Message 12 of 39 (220 Views)
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jul 14, 2013
Woodjiger instead of playing video games u need to go back to school, your spelling an grammar sucks.
Message 13 of 39 (209 Views)
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
29186 posts

Jul 14, 2013

woodjiger wrote:

I cant keep  old consoles. Simple as that after 2014 Gamestop and the other store's will no long sale PS2 so  now as you all say I got somthing else to cry about ?

Why not? Show me where it says in The Great Tenets of Gamer Logic that "Thou shall not keep consoles of the past, when thou purchases a new machine of the next iteration".

Your PS3 is not going to self destruct the day the PS4 is released, and if you're honestly going to sell off your entire game collection to buy a PS4, then I'm sorry but you've been suckered by GameStop's promise of a quick turnaround.

Message 14 of 39 (205 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Jul 14, 2013

Why ? It is little hard to rebuild a playstation with out parts ? Havent had a chance to pop a ps3 open yet ???? 

Message 15 of 39 (203 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jul 14, 2013

woodjiger wrote:

Why ? It is little hard to rebuild a playstation with out parts ? Havent had a chance to pop a ps3 open yet ???? 

Yeah, but parts cost MONEY.

More parts = More cost = Higher priced PS4.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 39 (198 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Jul 14, 2013
Don't get one then. But to justify your reasoning based off Backwards Compatibility is idiotic. If you're so worried about it, stay with the older systems.
And your blasphemy about the lack of such feature on the PS3 is only half true. The 'fat' models play all PS1 and PS2 games. I only call it blasphemy because I evolve with the consoles/games. Even when I had the option, I never used it. I even have quite a few classics off the store that I can't get into due to the outdated features.
Nonetheless, it's your loss if you pass up on PS4 because of the inability to play older games.
Message 17 of 39 (182 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13132 posts

Jul 14, 2013
This foolish thread again....
Look you have 3 options
1. Gaikai
2.Keep your god **bleep** ps3
3. MOVE ON

I'm tired of these threads JESUS!
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 18 of 39 (179 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jul 14, 2013

Regarding backwards compatibility:

Shut up!

Grindhead_Jim

Message 19 of 39 (166 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jul 14, 2013
Some of the excuses people have for not doing something, like not buying a PS4 or Xbox One is just like really? That's your excuse? Come on be real with yourself, you sound like an idiot.

No backwards compatibility and I'm can't keep my PS3 I'm leaving! Shut the hell up and learn to adapt. Even if the PS4 was backwards compatible, how often would you be showing your PS3 games love, seriously? You're on a next gen console playing last gens games, you know **bleep** well you're going to be playing PS4 titles. Just be real and quit crying over these stupid excuses.
 photo sig_zps8bd32844.jpg
Reformed Xbox Player (6/23/13)
Online/Co-op: Battlefield 3 - Saints Row 3 - Killzone 2&3 - LittleBigPlanet Racing - FFXIV [Beta]
Message 20 of 39 (160 Views)