Last Guardian
9319 posts

Re: Why You Should NOT Game Share

May 21, 2013
If its in the same houshold you can share up to 2 playstations. same address etc..your allowed 2 downloads same ip address
Message 131 of 553 (712 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 21, 2013

anarchizm wrote:

This is ridiculous. I'll do whatever I want with the things I purchase.

For the love of god, I hope that you NEVER purchase a gun, a car, a home, or anything ever.  You do not have the right to give out copies of games you downloaded.  If you want, you can give away any discs you've purchased.  That is perfectly fine.  But you have zero right to make unauthorized copies of software and distribute that.  (That is EXACTLY what Gamesharing is). 

In the end, however, your personal information will be stolen by someone when you gameshare and then you will be SOL.  You will get no empathy, sympathy, or assistance from Sony or anybody here on these boards. 

Message 132 of 553 (696 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 21, 2013

anarchizm wrote:

This is ridiculous. I'll do whatever I want with the things I purchase.

I have 150 PSN games i'll gameshare with you..... but I'll first need your login info and password before I give you mine.

Then, when i have your login info, i'll steal all of your account information.... Name, Address, money in your PSN Wallet, credit/debit card information....

Do you REALLY want to do that? Cause thats exactly what happens when you gameshare.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 133 of 553 (682 Views)
First Son
1 posts

May 22, 2013

I have two ps3's in my house, both owned by myself so I for one am happy that Sony allows us to download to two separate systems. However, my brother sometimes plays on one of my systems, we own the same games (two separate physical copies), but I'm the only one that bothers to buy the dlc, meaning of course that the dlc exists on both systems, (IE; I own bf3 premium and he gets it whenever he plays on his copy of the game.)

Do you think this qualifies as game sharing?

Message 134 of 553 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

May 22, 2013

Let_them_die wrote:

I have two ps3's in my house, both owned by myself so I for one am happy that Sony allows us to download to two separate systems. However, my brother sometimes plays on one of my systems, we own the same games (two separate physical copies), but I'm the only one that bothers to buy the dlc, meaning of course that the dlc exists on both systems, (IE; I own bf3 premium and he gets it whenever he plays on his copy of the game.)

Do you think this qualifies as game sharing?

Nope. You own the PS3 systems, and anyone playing on your systems is entitled to that.

Message 135 of 553 (656 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 23, 2013

Sony allows you to game share on any systems you own right?  Who are they to say that you don't have ownership over a friends ps3?  You both could have split the price for the system, or he could have borrowed some money for you, or whatever.  I feel like there is no real way that this rule can be enforced properly.  The access should be for the account that purchased it or any accounts on the user's main system (they should be able to pick).  So if the game is downloaded by me and played on my system, anyone can play.  But if the game is downloaded by me on another person's system, only my profile can play (preventing abuse of map packs because nobody will want to lvl my characters up).  Simple fix that still utilizes the freedom of shared games.  Still not 100% perfect fix but whatever.

Message 136 of 553 (644 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

May 23, 2013
Oh, there's a way to stop it. It's called account and system locking content (also called DRM). This has gotten to be such a big problem that the Xbox One has confirmed that it will be implementing this counter measure against gamesharing (also called piracy). I will not be surprised at all if the ps4 implements a similar system. Maybe not charging an extra fee for accounts on the same system, but simply making it so that only the user that purchases the content can use it on a separate system that isn't registered to them. That makes sense to me, and meets a happy median. People won't be gamesharing, and gamers will be happy that they can use content on different systems, but only while their account is logged in and it can only be on that one account. To prevent this happening even further, I think that you should only be able to have 1 system registered per account at a time, and a system cannot be deactivated without calling Sony directly and verifying your identity with security questions and/or credit card information.

If you have kids that each have a copy of a game and their own system, they're all going to want the DLC, too. It makes sense to make you buy the content for each account.

This will generate more revenue, stop piracy dead in it's tracks, and players will be happy that they don't have to pay an extra fee to enable the content on other accounts that are on the same system.

If your account is logged in on the registered system, the non-registered system should be console banned if it attempts to log onto your account while it is in use on the registered system. If your account is logged in on a non-registered system and your registered system logs on, the non-registered system should get kicked from the network, therefore making the DLC or digital games attached to your account inaccessible.
My PSN
Message 137 of 553 (637 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

Jdurg wrote:

For the love of god, I hope that you NEVER purchase a gun, a car, a home, or anything ever.  You do not have the right to give out copies of games you downloaded.  If you want, you can give away any discs you've purchased.  That is perfectly fine.  But you have zero right to make unauthorized copies of software and distribute that.  (That is EXACTLY what Gamesharing is). 

In the end, however, your personal information will be stolen by someone when you gameshare and then you will be SOL.  You will get no empathy, sympathy, or assistance from Sony or anybody here on these boards. 

But you, nor a corporation, do not dictate my rights. What the hell do guns, cars, or homes have anything to do with this? That makes no sense. Anyone could go buy any of those and give them away with zero issues (providing the gun is given to an adult), rather they would be praised for helping someone. People do it every day. In fact, in the US (where most of the games market is) people literally give away free guns with the purchase of a car, lol. Also you seem to be talking about 2 different things. There are no software copies made and nothing is distributed by a person.  You make it seem like there's some black market of armed gamesharers with login info in briefcases chained to their wrists.

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I have 150 PSN games i'll gameshare with you..... but I'll first need your login info and password before I give you mine.

Then, when i have your login info, i'll steal all of your account information.... Name, Address, money in your PSN Wallet, credit/debit card information....

Do you REALLY want to do that? Cause thats exactly what happens when you gameshare.

There's not even 15 PSN games I'm even interested in, let alone 150. I see your point though, it's just not true. Theft like that only happens to idiots, and 70 year olds who just got their first iMac from their grandson. If you got my login info, the only thing you'll get is an email address with spam from Sony. There's no names, addresses, money, or credit cards. Anyone with half a brain keeps their financial information separate from something like Playstation, especially after the network was cracked. All purchases are made in cash via untraceable PSN cards.

I don't even gameshare, I just think it's really weird for people to be preaching their personal morals and blatant fear mongering in a forum about video games, so I commented.

You guys are super paranoid. I think you've seen one too many identity theft adverts on telly.

Also you should probably remove that quote about open minds unless you're trying to be ironic here.

Message 138 of 553 (612 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
May 24, 2013

I personally don't buy digital download games anyways, mostly DLCs and avatars. I much rather buy disc, which obviously can't be gameshared, unless you're letting a friend borrow your game. Cat Tongue

Though I don't see anything wrong with gamesharing, because it's widely popular. I do see why game companies, and even Sony, wouldn't praise it as something good.

Message 139 of 553 (605 Views)
First Son
32 posts

May 24, 2013
Well think about it like this, if you were a developer, you were creating a game and you announced it, and within a day it becomes the greatest anticipated game for that year, you spent 2 years and 100,000s of dollars to develop this game, and only 1 out of 3 people bought it, the other 2 game share it off of that person, your out on sales right there.
http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/17/socom-ii-hd/ lets bring back socom 2

"Things turn out best, for those who make the best, of the way things turn out"

"The only thing you can do, is make the best out of everything life throws at you"

"Weather you think you can, or you think you cant, youre right"

The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred.
Soichiro Honda
Message 140 of 553 (595 Views)
0 Likes