Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

Re: Why You Should NOT Game Share

Jun 7, 2013

I find this topic kind of funny as number 1 game sharing is legal on ps3 up to an extent and even touted as one of its features when it was release so some of you need to get facts straight.

Number 2 you guys are actually mentioning protecting companies like Activision? Lol I know you guys aren't core gamers because Activision are one of the most greedy publishers this gen and they over charge for dlc maps and and bring out the same yearly game with same crappy engine because they don't care about consumers.%**bleep** Activision.

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - kenjovani
Message 141 of 553 (717 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

kenjovani wrote:

I find this topic kind of funny as number 1 game sharing is legal on ps3 up to an extent and even touted as one of its features when it was release so some of you need to get facts straight.

Number 2 you guys are actually mentioning protecting companies like Activision? Lol I know you guys aren't core gamers because Activision are one of the most greedy publishers this gen and they over charge for dlc maps and and bring out the same yearly game with same crappy engine because they don't care about consumers.%**bleep** Activision.

The statement of being "touted as one of it's features when it was release" is vastly misinterpreted.  Sony's statement was intended for the sharing of one's purchases with members of their family and "CLOSE FRIENDS" across multiple consoles.  Not "some stranger on PSN you have never met in real life who offered to give you a game if you give him access to your entire account."  The problem is that while Sony thought this was a great idea, they didn't think about the extent to which the community would flat out abuse this property, or how to effectively implement it.

If someone is so absolutely stupid that they give away their confidential PSN Login E-mail Address and password, they deserve every single thing that happens to them.  From the beginning, the T.O.S. EVERYBODY agreed to when signing up for the PSN stated that you can be banned from the system if you divulge your private login information to someone.  Hence, the idea that the ability to gameshare would be with family members and close friends only as you would need to go to their specific console to login and give them access to your PSN account.

To those who want to "gameshare", fine.  Go ahead and do it if you want.  But don't expect one single iota of help if some complete stranger you've never met got your account information, logged in as you, changed the account information so that you can no longer sign in, then went and drained your PSN account or got your account permanently banned while logging in as you.  In those cases, you get exactly what you deserve.

If there is a game you want to play but you don't have the money to purchase it, tough.  Gaming is 100% a privilege and 0% a right.  You have no right to be able to get a game just because you want it.  If it means that much to you, then obtain the money to purchase it. 

Message 142 of 553 (711 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I know it sounds off topic but I really need help with this, I live in Egypt and u know it's not available on PSN, does it mean I can never download games using PSN? I've seen some online PSN cards like ( US only ) or ( Saudi only ), does it mean that if I buy a US only PSN card then I won't be able to download games unless I'm in the United states?! is there anyother PSN cards for people not living in available countries?!  does the country I used for making my PSN account ( which is Kuwait ) need to match the country mentioned on the PSN card and where I live? do these 3 things need to match in order to be able to download games? and what happens if I try to download games from the PSN when two of those 3 things or all of them don't match?! in other words, I used Kuwait when I made my account so what happens if I buy a UK only PSN card and try to download games when I live in Egypt lol I really hope that you can help me with this and thank you in advance

Message 143 of 553 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

1. Game sharing breaks both the games EULA and PSN Terms Of Service, doing this, is copyright violation, and is illegal.
2. You will be banned if caught. (People have).
3. It hurts the developers.
4. Basically, its stealing and is no better than piracy for all im concerned.

Message 144 of 553 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Three people form a Virtual Household and split the cost of digital games legal.
5000 people pillage and burn the realm of Skyrim for free illegal.
Enough said. Alduin will come for you in Sovengarde.
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 145 of 553 (653 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Jun 27, 2013

I just got asked by a member on my friends list of whom I don't hang out with anyway. I told him it was illegal and that he could get banned. He said he had been doing that for years. I said he was lucky he didn't get caught. Then I logged off, as I had other things to do anyway. I might drop him if he asks again, w/o hesitation, but actually it was easier for me to logoff than to go out of my way to drop him. But I won't warn him, I will just do it. Does his friendship on PSN matter to me? Not really. He said he wants Saints Row 3. Funny thing about it...I can get it from PS Plus but wasn't planning to download it.  Smiley Happy

There is no way in _ _ _ _ , I would give someone my account info

Message 146 of 553 (541 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jun 28, 2013

PARDRE wrote:

I just got asked by a member on my friends list of whom I don't hang out with anyway. I told him it was illegal and that he could get banned. He said he had been doing that for years. I said he was lucky he didn't get caught. Then I logged off, as I had other things to do anyway. I might drop him if he asks again, w/o hesitation, but actually it was easier for me to logoff than to go out of my way to drop him. But I won't warn him, I will just do it. Does his friendship on PSN matter to me? Not really. He said he wants Saints Row 3. Funny thing about it...I can get it from PS Plus but wasn't planning to download it.  Smiley Happy

There is no way in _ _ _ _ , I would give someone my account info

If he asks again, tell him to do what every other person in the world has to do if they want to purchase something they can't afford.  Get a job and save up money, or sell things you don't want anymore to get the cash.  Gaming is a privilege, not a right.  Just cause he wants to play the game does not give him the "right" to play it.  It's scumbags like him that caused Sony to reduce the number of allowed consoles you can activate your account on, thus limiting our abilities to use our purchased goods on multiple consoles that we physically own.

Good job in telling him to blow off after asking you.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 147 of 553 (487 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

I got der riese for cod5 ages ago..I then forgot my password for that account and then got a new hard drive for my ps3 and then somehow der riese got taken off all of my accounts, i really want it back now soo then I was about to ask my friend if I could 'game share' luckily I just read this..thanks Smiley Happy

and btw i'm 13 years old..hahaha

and also do you know anyway to get it back?

Message 148 of 553 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Game sharing is pathetic. The developers get nothing. All the hard work working on the game and people just game share? It's basically pirating. Difference is ONE person bought the game... I hate people that do this.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 149 of 553 (426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 17, 2013

All of which you are incorrect :c

Here is the interview with Jack Tretton and the infamous quote:

If a player logs into his PlayStation 3 account on a friend's system, he can download any game he has already purchased. "You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment," said Tretton. "We want to get the game in as many hands as possible."

Message 150 of 553 (363 Views)
0 Likes