Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

Re: Why You Should NOT Game Share

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

PBandSLAY wrote:

Well you have some good points about not sharing with strangers and the  potential people who want to steal my credit card information I understand that, although I disagree with some of the points you made about COD(you can PM me if you wanna discuss that further :smileywink:) Anyway I have good friends and we game online regularly; Gran turismo 5, Borderlands2, R6V2, -- what if I wanted to share game saves on his PS3 and he wanted to share his on my PS3, even if we already have our own games can we share accounts or saves at that point? --

-T

sharing games saves is completely different then giving someone else your account info so they can make another account on THEIR PS3 and download a game they didn't pay for..... How people are so stupid they can't tell that's literally stealing from activision (in this case) I'll never know. And now that that person has your account info..... it's not like you can change your password afterwards without giving your friend the new password (or they wont' be able to play CoD or w/e anymore).   Then there's the peole that lose their account cause their FORMER friend changes the password first (then they come on here and whine that they got hacked....... lol like they even know what hacking really is), and sony won't do jack about it (not like they should) since you're not supposed to give out your info in the first place.

Yes you're allowed to put your games on 5 different systems before you have to deactivate one..... but that's NOT so you can give your friends free games......................  Some people have huge homes  (or not) and have more then one PS3 in the house.  Or maybe your Ps3 died and have to get a new one. When one dies ( which happened quite often with the FAT ones.... thankfully not the slim ones... i'm glad i waited to get one lol) you should deactivate it as soon as you get a new one but some people don't even think about it. This 5 PS3 rule wasn't around at first, I'm sure they did that so they wouldnt' have to field so many calls from people replacing theirs.

Message 51 of 379 (1,408 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 4, 2012

ok, understandable. But my friend and I have all of our own games and paying for a game is not a big deal at all. He wants to access my game saves and I want to access his, do I need to have my account on his PS3 and his on mine or can i Just copy game saves to a flash drive and then transfer them to the other PS3 or all of thee above

Message 52 of 379 (1,397 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

lol ok well that i have no idea about that.... my friend of over 20 years lives in orlando now and my neighbors.... one uses his Xbox more (or his PC) and the other has a Wii (eewwwww lol) .  But I think games saves are fine. There might be a few games where the save files are linked to your account, but I'm sure I've read where people have taken flash drives with their game saves to a friend's house and loaded their own save to show said friend something (etc etc)....

Message 53 of 379 (1,395 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Hello, I don't totally agree with you, I am not violating any agreement if I share it with my wife legally on US.. She has her council and her game and we share some game like Sonic, IF I CAN Buy a physical game and let her borrow it, it apply the same plus the agreement says clearly to 3 or some new cases 2 consoles at the same time, I have a vita, ps3 and she have a ps3. ON A Legal case,  I will win, since I read the full agreement, and in a marriage my property is hers and her is mine on legal grounds on US. But to her to somebody else hell no, it has my credit card info in it D:, not even my mom or dad. Maybe to a our future son .-. But with parental control.

Message 54 of 379 (1,374 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 25, 2012

Both you and your friend can get PS Plus on your accounts and use the Online Storage feature. You will need access to that person's account but there's really no other way to share game saves. Once you are signed into that person's account you can download game saves they backed backed up to online storage and they can do the same to yours. I retain my advice that you should keep your account to yourself or only share it with people you trust implicitly. For me, that would mean someone I would trust with my life and even then I probably wouldn't do it but you can make your own choices regarding that. Also, Flash drives rarely work for giving game saves because 9/10 publisher copy protect game save information and PS Plus is capable of backing up saves for 99.9% of all PS3 games. Regrettably, it doesn't work for PSONE or PS2 saves. Most of the time you transfer games saves from a flash drive it does one of several things. One, it will not let you copy the save at all to the flash drive. Two, it will let you copy but you will not be able to use the game save. Three, it will let you use the game save but you will not be able to earn trophies for the game.

Message 55 of 379 (1,296 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Your two PS3's and Vita are in the same household. If you want to play games she bought on her PSN account then you can play the PS3 she put them on or she can decide to use her account on the other PS3. Both are legit uses of your activations since the systems all exist in the same household. Also, there is nothing wrong with lending someone a physical disc. I let my friends borrow games before but that's not breaking any rules because I'm not copying the game. I'm simply trading ownership of the game for a time and I always get my games back.
Message 56 of 379 (1,295 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 25, 2012
WIth PS3 game saves that rarely ever works because 9/10 game publishers copy protect game save information. I use PS Plus's Online Storage to keep track of my game saves.
Message 57 of 379 (1,292 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 25, 2012
If the purchase was made on your PSN account that has your CC info on it then you can call PS and say you never authorized the purchase. I'd change your password too. If someone else just added your CC to their account then that's a different matter. You need to contact your bank and file a fraud report to have the cc blocked and when PS gets the request to reverse the charges they will ban the account the charge took place on.
Message 58 of 379 (1,291 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 25, 2012
Taking someone that is not yours without paying for it will always be considered stealing. Also, it doesn't matter if it's 1$ or 60$. Activision and all game publishers have a right to profit from the hard work of their employees and the blood, sweat, and exhaustion they put in to make games. What you don't understand is that this is not just one game share a day or even 10 or 100. Game sharing occurs on a scale that Activision and all game publishers take very seriously and it costs many publishers millions in lost profits every year.
Message 59 of 379 (1,291 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 25, 2012
You are blind if you think that the publisher does not pay for distribution. The games are distributed through PSN and with every sale of the game the publisher has to give a certain amount of the purchase to PSN. If a game costs 60$ on PSN then the company does not get that entire 60$. A portion of it goes to PSN to pay for PSN allowing the publisher to use the network as a distribution plattform. Otherwise the company would have to spend thousands of dollars developing a digital distribution system of their own. You get so many activations because PS recognizes that user's often have more than one PS3 or PS product in the household. Did you think PSN just allowed publishers to use their plattform out of the goodness of their heart? NO
Message 60 of 379 (1,390 Views)
0 Likes