Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Re: Why would anyone buy digital copies of store available games?

Nov 27, 2013
I prefer the physical copy
Message 41 of 51 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Nov 27, 2013
Personally I like to have and collect the physical copy and have the option to sell or trade it, which cannot be done with digital downloaded games. I do downloaded some games, but usually smaller and cheaper games or games only available as a download. I do understand more when people download on a portable handheld system as it is more convenient instead of carrying the game cartridges/packs with you.
Message 42 of 51 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Nov 27, 2013
I'm torn, I love owning the physical copy of a game, having the ability to trade or sell it, but I can't remember the last time I wanted to trade in or sell any game in the past console gen.

On the other hand, I like the idea of the digital version due to its convenience. The idea of not having to swap disks every time I want to play a different game, not to mention never leaving my house to buy games anymore makes me happy.

There are pros and cons to each option, I'm just glad we have the option still!
Message 43 of 51 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Nov 27, 2013

If it hasn't been brought up before, the reason I sometimes prefer digital games is for unlimited remote play access.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 44 of 51 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
811 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2013
Moving to Digital started with the PSP for me. I didn't like the noisy UMD Drive. Then I realized that it was really nice to have my whole Library available at the touch of a button. This carried over to the Vita. No Memory Card swapping. Everything was right at my finger tips. After that I moved more towards Digital over the last year on my PS3. There were performance advantages of having Digital over Physical. With PS4 I am 90% Digital and will only buy Physical copies of games that I know I won't keep long term or those annoying Yearly releases such as Sports Games.

One of the biggest Perks for me is not having to get off of my lazy Duff to swap out a game. I am in the zone. I am in my comfy chair. I have my hot coffee or a glass of wine... Why get up? Smiley Wink

Another benefit for me is the finality of the transaction. There is no temptation to trade in a game. I don't suffer from Trader's Remorse. No one is making a tidy profit off of my Trade and it is causing me to consider my purchases more carefully.

Please, no blank friend requests - let me know who you are!

Playstation MVP Terms & Conditions
Message 45 of 51 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

Nov 27, 2013
Oh yes. That traders remorse you get. I used to get that quite frequently. Now days I'm sure it would be even worse since the trade in stores used to actually give you a little something for your old games. Now many of the great games don't fetch you any more than a two year old Madden used to. I've seen gamestop offer as little as $6 for six month old AAA's.

That's why I laugh when I see those gamestop promotion offering you half your money back if its traded within a month or two after release. By the time you did that, you could have just rented from Gamefly.
Message 46 of 51 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9869 posts

Nov 27, 2013
Saves the trouble of ejecting disc. I just exit out of a game and stat the next game without having to get up and eject disc and put in the next disc.
Message 47 of 51 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7130 posts

Nov 30, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
Oh yes. That traders remorse you get. I used to get that quite frequently. Now days I'm sure it would be even worse since the trade in stores used to actually give you a little something for your old games. Now many of the great games don't fetch you any more than a two year old Madden used to. I've seen gamestop offer as little as $6 for six month old AAA's.

That's why I laugh when I see those gamestop promotion offering you half your money back if its traded within a month or two after release. By the time you did that, you could have just rented from Gamefly.

I dont trade my game back. if it game like  msg5 or gta5 i get the physical becuase unopne in couple of years it  going to worth alot of money.  Alot over seas  disked rpg are worth alot imnot tlaking ps2 era  either ps3.  Demon souls is  worth like 220$ unopened.  If

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 48 of 51 (54 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Nov 30, 2013

You do realize Xbox One has external storage as an option while PS4 doesn't, right?

Everyone starts with nothing:

Get your Portable ID!
Message 49 of 51 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Nov 30, 2013
WARNING! This is NOT for the slow of internet.
Message 50 of 51 (47 Views)
0 Likes