Oct 05 2012
By: peartboyz I Only Post Everything 873 posts

Why we need a new coded arms

2 replies 59 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

Many of you may or may not be familiar with the PSP launch title and FPS Coded arms. It recieved mixed reviews because of it's restictions due to hardware yet it shines today because of its inadvertedly genius set up. The game has no story line and randomly generated levels. This is addictive because it makes the game an endless dungeon crawler/survival simulator with limited ammo upgrades for weapons and ocasional boss battles. 

Why the vita needs a game like this is simple. it lacks deep shooters and Coded arms can go very deep. Imagine pushing through wave after wave of flying turrets in order to find and upgrade a rare shotgun and imagine how satisfifying it could be to take that shotgun online and show it off earning you more upgrades and allowing you to go deeper. Coded arms was cloed initally allowing a deep single player mode but if they were to attatch some Vita features like near and ponline play they could make the game REALLY addictive. 

Message 1 of 3 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: Why we need a new coded arms

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

not just that we also got dual analog sticks. so it would not have the messed up controls it had to have with the psp. it was a fun little game just the controls really pushed me away. the idea of Coded Arms could go so far. yeah there was alittle story just not much.  the first one you were just a random hacker, hacking into this military training mainframe. (sorry never played the second.) so they could even add in a customize options.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 2 of 3 (55 Views)
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Re: Why we need a new coded arms

Oct 5, 2012
I loved Contagion ...gfx were nice too for a 2006 PSP game.
Message 3 of 3 (48 Views)
0 Likes