I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Re: Why we need Sony, M$ and Nintendo

Jun 8, 2013

I didn't want the topic to go there, but ultimately YOU have a point.

I agree M$ does want to DOMINATE the gaming world  just as thier "WINDOWS OS" did and continues to do.

But looking at it with that exact wisdom, do YOU think this has made SONY and NINTENDO hungrier?

For those who know and/or don't want to believe the PS3 is the most powerful gaming console currently.

SONY's marketing and lack of developers willing to work with the CELL has no doublty hurt the full potential of the PS3.

Now what has SONY done since then. They took a page right out of the M$ DOMINATION manual. They have accepted

thier mistakes and to this point have corrected it. They hired a marketing team that gets it, they have created a system that

developers are excited about working with, they have excepted and welcomed indies, they have kept it all about gamers.

What M$ has done is what SONY did wrong. A role reversal if you will. Either way they have needed each other to grow.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 11 of 16 (84 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16262 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Its always good to have competition..... but when it comes to points in an industry where we're at NOW. You can't help but NOT go with the lesser evils.... that being Sony or Nintendo, cause MS is just digging their own grave this generation

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 12 of 16 (78 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Jun 8, 2013

I also agree with M$ being able to fail. But they wont, they will find a way in millions of homes. They have their base that will buy

anything, why I don't know. I do not like anything they are offering other than possibly some exclusives. I don't agree with them dipping into Mom and Pops video rentals, redbox, gamefly even the grocery store video dept. I don't agree with having to "connect" your console to play games. DRM, No internet = No use, When you buy a game is it really yours anymore. There are a host of things I can't stand about M$.

If they FAIL I won't be upset I will be happier than Bear at a honey factory. My point was to this point all 3 have got us where we are today.

As for Sega or any other I would welcome it, after all this thread is about competition.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 13 of 16 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

There will always be someone to step up. The only reason Sony and Nintendo have been around as long as they have b/c they keep getting it right.  We have reached the saturation point of consoles and hand helds thats why we do not see any new ones beyond what is out there. Same thing as why there are no new company's making a new SUV, the market is flooded with them as it is. If any of these game company's fail it leaves a huge void for someone else to pick up the stick and carry on. Let M$ dig their hole I hope it gets deep and falls in on them.

I agree that it will still make its way into milions of homes and the base ignorant gamer who does not know one system from the other will still buy it just b/c his buddy does but it does not change the fact that M$ vision of living room dominance and console dominance is not going to shape up as they have planned with the way they have already angered the core gamers.

Message 14 of 16 (52 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26929 posts

Jun 8, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

I didn't want the topic to go there, but ultimately YOU have a point.

I agree M$ does want to DOMINATE the gaming world  just as thier "WINDOWS OS" did and continues to do.

But looking at it with that exact wisdom, do YOU think this has made SONY and NINTENDO hungrier?

For those who know and/or don't want to believe the PS3 is the most powerful gaming console currently.

SONY's marketing and lack of developers willing to work with the CELL has no doublty hurt the full potential of the PS3.

Now what has SONY done since then. They took a page right out of the M$ DOMINATION manual. They have accepted

thier mistakes and to this point have corrected it. They hired a marketing team that gets it, they have created a system that

developers are excited about working with, they have excepted and welcomed indies, they have kept it all about gamers.

What M$ has done is what SONY did wrong. A role reversal if you will. Either way they have needed each other to grow.

What Sony and Nintendo do is what the Japanese traditionally have done, and that's make a better product at a cheaper price. You see what works, and you do it better and cheaper. If it doesn't work, you do something else.

Message 15 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
10785 posts

Jun 8, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

I will most likely be getting a PS4 in 2014 probably 6mths or so after launch.

I never buy a new model of anything right away, like to give manu a chance to kill the bugs.

I am not thrilled the way M$ is trying to tether there system to the internet indefinetely. I think its the wrong direction,

but I also thought the Wii was'nt going anywhere. Then came Kinnect then the Move. Who knows as the gaming

community evolves. I think all of them bring atleast 1 thing good to the industry.

That's pretty much where I'm at as well. I'd rather get a system that has had the chance to get the bugs killed in it, then to take a chance and get something that might not work well due to them. Will be waiting around a year or so before I get one.

I'll be pre-ordering the moment I can!

BRIT-KO

That's great, what games are you looking forward to getting? I'm just waiting for a few things to happen before so, one of them was bugs to be worked out, and the other is price. Generally like to wait until the price comes down somewhat before I get a console, did it with the PS2, and with other systems I've gotten (for the most part) over the years.

Message 16 of 16 (46 Views)
0 Likes