Jun 08 2013
By: heGOTmeAGAIN I Only Post Everything 1050 posts

Why we need Sony, M$ and Nintendo

15 replies 280 views Edited Jun 8, 2013

No matter who you may side with as your prefered console, they all need to exist IMO.

Logically would we be where we are gaming wise without competition?

Would the PS1 ever have made to the industry if the original nintendo was a flop?

Example if Ford comes out with a tech breakthrough doesn't GM come out with there version, possibly better?.

Competition is what pushes the envelope, trying bigger and better things. Trying to out do the other.

As a gamer going all the way back to the Classic Atari 2600 I like for the companies to raise the bar.

M$ thought for years IE was all people wanted, then came Firefox, then Google chrome as well as so many more in between.

I want all of them to exist for the benefit of us the gaming community.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 1 of 16 (280 Views)
MVP Support
39998 posts

Re: Why we need Sony, M$ and Nintendo

Jun 8, 2013

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 16 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 8, 2013

I think we could live with out M$. I'd much rather have SEGA.

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 3 of 16 (266 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Jun 8, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

No matter who you may side with as your prefered console, they all need to exist IMO.

Would the PS1 ever have made to the industry if the original nintendo was a flop?

Example if Ford comes out with a tech breakthrough doesn't GM come out with there version, possibly better?.

Competition is what pushes the envelope, trying bigger and better things. Trying to out do the other.

As a gamer going all the way back to the Classic Atari 2600 I like for the companies to raise the bar.

M$ thought for years IE was all people wanted, then came Firefox, then Google chrome as well as so many more in between.

My point exactly. I really want Microsoft Sony and Nintendo to do well and would hate to see any of them go under.  As much as some people hate other systems.  I personally can't see a gaming world without them.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 4 of 16 (256 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Jun 8, 2013

I will most likely be getting a PS4 in 2014 probably 6mths or so after launch.

I never buy a new model of anything right away, like to give manu a chance to kill the bugs.

I am not thrilled the way M$ is trying to tether there system to the internet indefinetely. I think its the wrong direction,

but I also thought the Wii was'nt going anywhere. Then came Kinnect then the Move. Who knows as the gaming

community evolves. I think all of them bring atleast 1 thing good to the industry.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 5 of 16 (242 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13101 posts

Jun 8, 2013
Um no we need microsoft to fail right now so the future of video games don't beomce restrictioned gaming
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 6 of 16 (230 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13587 posts

Jun 8, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

I never buy a new model of anything right away, like to give manu a chance to kill the bugs.

I am not thrilled the way M$ is trying to tether there system to the internet indefinetely. I think its the wrong direction,

but I also thought the Wii was'nt going anywhere. Then came Kinnect then the Move. Who knows as the gaming

community evolves. I think all of them bring atleast 1 thing good to the industry.

That's pretty much where I'm at as well. I'd rather get a system that has had the chance to get the bugs killed in it, then to take a chance and get something that might not work well due to them. Will be waiting around a year or so before I get one.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 7 of 16 (227 Views)
MVP Support
39998 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

That's pretty much where I'm at as well. I'd rather get a system that has had the chance to get the bugs killed in it, then to take a chance and get something that might not work well due to them. Will be waiting around a year or so before I get one.

I'll be pre-ordering the moment I can!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 8 of 16 (211 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28979 posts

Jun 8, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

Why do you think GM had to be bailed out? Because they weren't coming out with anything "better". They felt they didn't have to compete because they honestly believed that nobody would buy a Japanese or German car.

For all the vaunted "gamer" wisdom, there is still something you can not remove from the equation and that's this; Microsoft does not want to "compete". They want to DOMINATE. They want to make it so that when you walk into Best Buy, your only choice is to buy an The Box. They've consistently proven they will do anything to accomplish this, and "gamers" have believed they were swell guys for the last twelve years.

Message 9 of 16 (194 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

I don't agree w/  the OP at all. If M$ makes a crap product why should they still be around? If they want to sink their ship let them. Someone else will come along and take their place. M$ took the place of Sega. Many consoles have come and gone, the 3DO, Jaguar, Genesis exc exc..... We do not NEED M$ for ANYTHING as far as gaming. I would rather have another new company come along that wants to make a console for gamers then to keep M$ around and let them continue to tarnish the gaming industry.

M$ sticks it to the Indie gamers, Sticks to to Redbox and gamefly, sticks it to the mom and pop stores, Implements DRM add's more fee's for gamers tells you how you can use your console and games and try's to destroy the used game market and you think we need them? I'm sure there are other companies that would love to make a new console but also know that its to hard to compete w/ the big 3 at the moment. I see M$ as a cancer and I hate them for what they are trying to do to the gaming industry. I do not want M$ to be the future of gaming by being the first to implement all of these restrictions and being the forefront leader for shaping gaming for the long term.

Message 10 of 16 (171 Views)