Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: Why wait 24 hours?

Jul 20, 2011

jcalvert wrote:

Of course I didn't think about folks trying to abuse the system.  That is really the sorry story of our society these days - restrictions are put in place that penalize the rule followers because of misguided actions on the part of rule breakers.

GT5 has to be in the minority of games that can be abused in this way.  So says someone that has not thought about this form of cheating ...

yeah rereading my view seems a little harsh, it just frustrated the lenghts that gt5 went to changing the game to get rid of cheating - kinda changed the game up in the middle of owning - even though i loved the game, pissed me off so i dumped it LOL.

BUT at the same time if cloud had a no limit save -in tiger woods 12 i would probaly save my game, play a match im 6 matches away from to get the plat - if i lost my #1 ranking oh well would just reload the save.

so i see both sides

Message 21 of 44 (398 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jul 20, 2011

jpbslayer wrote:

BUT at the same time if cloud had a no limit save -in tiger woods 12 i would probaly save my game, play a match im 6 matches away from to get the plat - if i lost my #1 ranking oh well would just reload the save.

Didn't say I would not or have not done something similar to the above.  I guess that is a different form of "cheating" ... but in a completely different category than trying to abuse the system to get free cars (or whatever).

Message 22 of 44 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
510 posts

Jul 20, 2011

I do not understand what your point is hear...is this some form of cheating? I do not get it, so if you lose the match you would reload your last save and try it again? How is that cheating...maybe I missed something.

I don't think I should have to take my ps3 with me to play my games using my save files. What ever happened to the memory cards (ps2)? I thought the point of the usb/card readers (in launch models) was to do away with the memory cards we used to use and allow us to use the media we want for storing our save files. Now they prevent us from accessing our save files. I think with this new cloud save Sony is probably pushing developers to protect there save files so more people will be inclined to subscribe to the plus, only to find out they are still restricted.

Notice the copy protection on Tiger Woods 2012 for the first time in franchise history. Now you want to play using your character at a buddies place...guess you better be a plus subscriber to do this...and better plan it out more than 24 hours in advance...and better hope your buddy has internet access...or you could I guess pack your whole console over to his house, but then we would have to argue on whose console we are really going to use because one way or another we can only use one of the profiles at a time.

Message 23 of 44 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
575 posts

Jul 20, 2011

the 24hr download is pretty useless and i dont see why they would restrict what is mine anyways, i use cloud saves all the time between systems and it gets annoying very fast when you cant use your own saves because of it.

invision2212 Trophy Card
Message 24 of 44 (398 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 8, 2011

I finally picked up Vanquish today, and had access to the PS3 with the big screen, so I wanted to experience it there first. Played it, saved the game to the cloud while reading the 24hr notice. Later in the day, I tried to to put it on my main PS3 (smaller screen but more access), but the save could not be downloaded for 24hrs. It didn't work via sneaker net (usb drive) either because it was a copy protected save. It has been an inconvienence for me, but maybe more so for Sony, because I turned my PS3 off that that point. Normally I would have browsed the PSN store, and most certainly have purchased something. Oh well, maybe I'll do that the next day off I have. When is that? I don't know...

Message 25 of 44 (398 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Sep 9, 2011

That's awful.  As far as USB backups go, I backup individual files (one at a time on a game by game basis) all the time to my USB HDD without any issues, however this does not work for any protected data.

Message 26 of 44 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Sep 12, 2011

The main reason for the 24 hour wait is to stop cheating. People who share their account info and having other people play their game unlocking trophies they didn't deserve. Compared to other game system save schemes the 24h wait is lax.

Photobucket
Message 27 of 44 (397 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Sep 12, 2011

If that is the case, it sucks that a few (I assume it is a few) cheaters cause limits to how most gamers are able to use the cloud service.  It is still better to be able to backup and transfer with some limitations vs not being able to transfer at all.

Message 28 of 44 (397 Views)
MVP Support
9696 posts

Sep 15, 2011

It dosen't bother me, it does suck that you need to wait 24 hours....hopefully this changes.

Message 29 of 44 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Sep 15, 2011

sorry to take so long responding to you---my main point wasnt on tiger woods but GT5 - where people were dupeing cars, useing a save glitch, people would save there game. send the car they were tradeing. reload the save and then recieve the car they were traded. this causeing some of the rare / hard to get cars being worthless. to combat this gt5 made it so you couldnt trade the high end cars. that was my complaint. people useing saves to take advantage of a game

Message 30 of 44 (397 Views)