Gaming Beast
2443 posts

Re: Why wait 24 hours?

Apr 18, 2011

yeah the 24 hour wait is annoying but,

at least I have my saves to restore from my dead (but now repaired) 80gb ps3

to my new slim hehe. so in the end is it worth it? Heck Yes! (if you value your saves as I do)

Photobucket

Games I am Currently Playing: DC Universe Online, Battlefield 4
PREORDERS: DESTINY (PS3) Diablo III Expansion (Reaper of souls) PSN: SSlarg add me!
Message 11 of 44 (827 Views)
SIEA
1490 posts

Apr 19, 2011

I see your point, and the 24 hour waiting period seems to be mostly on games with copy-protected saves. So other games that don't have copy-protection, won't force you to wait 24 hours. for a game like Heavy Rain though, yes it is copy protected. The Online Game Save function at least makes it possible to have portability with the save, whereas before it had none. But since the Online Game Save feature was patched in and not part of the original architecture, it makes total integration tough.

Needless to say though, you can count on us continuing to iron out based on feedback from you guys.

Message 12 of 44 (827 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 30, 2011

The main reason I got plus is to save to the cloud. And I'm not worried about backing up my save data, that's not what I want it for. I use different PS3s and would love to transfer them right away so I can switch to each of them and continue where I left off. Now I have to wait 24 hours to do this, it defeats the whole purpose of the cloud (for me, at least). So, Sony, untill you change this, I will no longer be suscribed to you Plus Service.

Message 13 of 44 (827 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jun 30, 2011

mochuuu wrote:

Needless to say though, you can count on us continuing to iron out based on feedback from you guys.

Morgan

Since this thread just received a bump ...

Any updates on the 24 hr restriction for copy protected games?  I am happy that if my PS3 dies that I have the ability to restore my protected games from the cloud, but the 24 hr restriction is a major PITA and seems to be an unnecessary limitation.

Message 14 of 44 (827 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 12, 2011

This is so ridiculous..

My original PS3 died with the standard Yellow Light Of Death, which appears to be a design flaw that effected most of the "Fat" ps3s.   I got a slim, but of course no saves.   I read online about reflowing the motherboard with a heat gun, and sure enough it did get my old PS3 working.   That's when i realized they removed the option to backup to USB, i believe with the same update they added PlayStation Plus.   That in itsself seems very sh1tty.  So I say to hell with it and spend the $17, backup the saves from my dying PS3, and now i have to wait another two weeks to actually restore them.   Each game has several pieces of save data, and each one counts seperately (once per 24 hours).   Most of mine are 300kb, so it's not like it will crash their system???

What a joke... to remove backup to USB and force us to use their sh1tty overpriced service.  XBOX360 here i come.

Message 15 of 44 (827 Views)
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jul 12, 2011

gibblesticks wrote:

This is so ridiculous..

My original PS3 died with the standard Yellow Light Of Death, which appears to be a design flaw that effected most of the "Fat" ps3s.   I got a slim, but of course no saves.   I read online about reflowing the motherboard with a heat gun, and sure enough it did get my old PS3 working.   That's when i realized they removed the option to backup to USB, i believe with the same update they added PlayStation Plus.   That in itsself seems very sh1tty.  So I say to hell with it and spend the $17, backup the saves from my dying PS3, and now i have to wait another two weeks to actually restore them.   Each game has several pieces of save data, and each one counts seperately (once per 24 hours).   Most of mine are 300kb, so it's not like it will crash their system???

What a joke... to remove backup to USB and force us to use their sh1tty overpriced service.  XBOX360 here i come.

Why do people feel inclined to make new accounts just to say "I'm switching to Xbox"? Noone knew you existed before so you won't be missed. Good job evading the prafanity filter by the way. Thank goodness we won't hear from you again.

Message 16 of 44 (827 Views)
Sackboy
518 posts

Jul 19, 2011

I too would like to voice my opinion against this 24 hour restriction. I found this thread while searching, so if you are looking for feedback " I hate the restriction ".It seems alot of people have more than one system so the only people that are getting inconveinenced are those that supported Sony the most. Really, if the restriction was to protect anything I have no idea what that would be when you can access the save file 24 hours later.

Here is my thread from earlier,

Message 17 of 44 (827 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jul 19, 2011

While I think the restriction is stupid, I do not think Plus is at fault.  Although cloud saves are part of the PS+ service, how long will that hold true?  Thinking about some of the upcoming Vita features ...

Message 18 of 44 (827 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Jul 20, 2011

actually i understand the limit - GT5 proved what people can do with saves - messed up car tradeing where they didnt lose a car by saveing before sending. then reloading the save, before accepting the car they recieved back. Made GT5 change car tradeing - which made me trade in my game. but to each there own

Message 19 of 44 (827 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jul 20, 2011

Of course I didn't think about folks trying to abuse the system.  That is really the sorry story of our society these days - restrictions are put in place that penalize the rule followers because of misguided actions on the part of rule breakers.

GT5 has to be in the minority of games that can be abused in this way.  So says someone that has not thought about this form of cheating ...

Message 20 of 44 (827 Views)