First Son
3 posts

Re: Why wait 24 hours?

Feb 6, 2013

You might not miss him, nor me, but Sony will miss the revenue.  It's a lousy policy, that moved me over to the Xbox.  I haven't bought a PS3 game since, except for The Show.  The only reason I stumbled across this was because I was given a PS3 version of XCom and since I have a PS3 in my office and one in my theater room it would be nice to be able to play my XCom save at both locations.  

Console gaming rigs are losing serious ground to the instant gratification generation of gamers.  Policies like this do nothing to help bring them in, when those same policies drive us away.  The industry is stagnating and instead of offering the best of cloud, this is another blunder in Sony's attempts to further monetize its users.

Message 41 of 44 (479 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Feb 11, 2013

this is one of the dumbest and by worst features i ever seen in my life. how does someone who has a big job programming and deciding this stuff actually get in the position to do something this dumb lol. smh. i uploaded my save file i wanted to use it on my other ps3 so my son can use this one to watch a movie and it says i have to wait 24 hours. this is so far silly that i have to laugh at how dumb this is. at least let me download it ONCE today, why wait a entire day after uploading it. IF anything they should let you download it once after uploading and THEN say wait 24 hours for the next one. im not going to get a ps4 i dont agree with any of the decisions sony has made the past almost 2 years now. i really wanted a 3rd ps3 but when they cut the file sharing down to 2 ps3s that pretty much put the nail in the coffin for my sony support. now with the horrible horrible store design and how slow it is im realllllly questioning the people in charge of all these decisions!!

Message 42 of 44 (457 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Apr 1, 2013
If they're going to impose a 24 hour wait period then this is a postal service, not a cloud service. Really, truly, mind-boggling stupidity. There is no room for interpretation here - there is no grey. Whoever thought up this mongoloid idea is not playing with a full deck. All the playstation plus refunds should come directly out of their bank account as penance for their spectacular idiocy.

Game save copy protection is not something any of us asked for. If you decide you're going crack down on cheating then do it without screwing over your PAYING CUSTOMERS.

I do try not to capitalise in posts, but this strikes me as a phrase that the troglodytes at Sony might want to look up.
Message 43 of 44 (380 Views)
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2014

Just adding one more voice... I'm so mad right now. I flew from home yesterday overseas where I started Dark Souls, arrived at night and brought the game with me, remembered to ask my husband to upload the save just before going to bed...and now, my last day off before start work again, that I had planned to spend playing... Sony says I can't.  I have no words. Seriously **bleep** idea, Sony. I feel like a child being punished. No, you can't play video game, go to your room...

Mod Edit: This is an old thread, and it is now closed Also edited this post for evading the word filter. Check here for more information.
Thanks! lovely1rainbow

Message 44 of 44 (157 Views)