Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: Why wait 24 hours?

Sep 16, 2011

why we have to wait!!!!!!!!!! PS+ means something for u sony!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 44 (384 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 14, 2011

I didn't mind the 24 hour waiting period, until now.  I have a PS3 in my "mancave", and my girlfriend has one in our living room.  I have been playing Dark Souls in the living room, but now would like to play in my room.  I try to copy the saved data from the cloud, and it tells me I have to wait 24 hours because I can only download once per day.  Wait, what??!  I didn't even download anything, so why the hell do I need to wait?  Turns out that PS+ Automatic Updating is included in the download category.  So, let me get this straight, in order to use a service that I'm paying for (Cloud save transfers), I have to turn off...another service...that I'm paying for (automatic updates)?  What the hell am I paying for?!  I don't want to wait 24 hours, those downloads were automatic, not triggered by me.  It's really annoying.  With all of the games and things like Netflix I have on my PS3, I have to completely shut off auto-updates because I have no idea what will be downloaded in the next 24 hours, and might not be able to transfer my Dark Souls save yet again.

I had to look this up because this is the third time I've tried to pull it from the cloud in the last few weeks, only to be told I have to wait, even though I know for a fact I hadn't downloaded a single thing.  So, if you keep getting this over and over, disable auto-updates until you get your saved games straightened out.  Great service, super-poor implementation.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 44 (384 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Mar 3, 2012

I am destroying my playstation and telling sony to F** off this 24 hour thing is the most ridiculous thing I have ever experienced by the time I am able to play my game i wont be able to thanks a lot playstation you made me realize that I really want an Xbox

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 44 (384 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Mar 3, 2012

exactly I think a refund is in order

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 44 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Mar 3, 2012

I just experienced this with Deus Ex. Was playing in my bedroom, wife and baby come in to sleep so i figure save game to cloud and continue in my living rooom and thats when i see this stupid 24 hour BS.  I think it totally sucks. I think I only have 2 games that do this Deus and Heavy Rain is there any way to know ahead of time that a game does this? Is there a list of games like this?

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 44 (384 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 12, 2012

24h enures SONY & the devs get more time to Trololo

http://i41.tinypic.com/2nuucma.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 44 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Bro just copy your saved data to an external USB,, and your set..

Al though you cant copy all your saved data some are protected though.. but might as well give it a shot and if youcna save it your set if not...

Then wait 24hrs

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 44 (384 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 12, 2012

The protected save games are exactly the ones that have the 24 hour rule.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 44 (384 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Apr 30, 2012

Here is what bothers me..... The 24 hr wait time I could deal with if the systems I used were not registered on my account that I could understand but when I own two PS3's (a slim for the main and a Fat for the bed room) both activhated and the game saves being downloaded on the fat while I am signed on the PSN and I still have to wait 24 hrs for a system that I bought and I am penalized because Sony can not get their act together and tie the saves to the actual user id name  instead of a console. This is a shame and almost a deal breaker for me. I like psn+ and Playstation but serouisy thinking about letting my + lapse and not re-new and maybe not buy the nextgen ps system. I am married and while I love video gaming my wife takes final say (yes I am whipped plus she makes double the money then me ) so sometimes I have to play in the bed room (same goes for my 360 too) I know I am in the minority as lots of people don't have two consoles in the house hold. I did see a emod on here back in Sept and then went silent so I need to ask why are we punished for having two playstation 3 consoles when it comes to protected saves even though we are on the psn under our own log in ID with both consoles activated?

all_mittey_donky Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 44 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Nov 5, 2012

One of the main reasons I subscribed to the Playstation Plus service is to allow me to easily share game saves between the 2 Playstation 3 consoles that I frequent, one in my apartment and the other in my parent's place whom I visit almost every weekend.

The fact that I own several games that are "Online Backup" only, cemented the deal, though really, IMO they should allow ALL game saves to be backed up to a USB drive because hard drives crash all the time, If we can't afford an external HD large enough to do a full backup we should at least have a means to back up our save data to an inexpensive flash drive without having to subscribe to an extra service. But that's a separate issue.

I'm guessing the 24 hour wait is to somehow thwart those who would abuse/exlpoit game saves, but really what it acomplishes the most is to inconvenience those who are paying a premium to have the ability to save thier games online "in the cloud".

Playstation is basically making it toughest on (and ultimately alenating) those who are most invested in thier "ecosysytem" households or friends that play on more than one PS3 system and have a premium PS Plus subscription!

In my humble opinion, Playstation should remove the "24 hour wait" rule, it should not even be an option since developers can already lock game saves to a specific ID if the so choose. Again IMHO, it is a worthless "feature" that greatly inconveniences the customers that are deeply invested into the Playstation ecosystem .

Also, developers who are making new titles or patching existing ones should not only avoid this "24 hour wait" option for online/cloud saves, but they should allow thier games to be saved to USB. We bought your game and if you want us to continue buying and enjoying your games, you should allow us to back up the save games with every option that is available. If you want to keep us from game sharing just lock it to our ID.

Thanks for any consideration to this plea...

* 320GB - PS3 w/ Emotion Engine(modified from original 60GB)
** Yellow Dog Linux OS 6.0 w/ E17 RIP to YLOD :smileysad:
*** Now on a 320 PS3 Slim... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 44 (321 Views)