Jun 14, 2014

Be more specific when asking questions.  

Message 3 of 20 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1843 posts

Re: Why is my Download Speed Slow?

Jun 14, 2014
Sony skimped on the wifi card in ps4. (It's old and cheap they could have chosen a newer model by the same company but didn't), and the Ethernet card also seems poor as well.

I've 152mb broadband and get about 40mb download on average compared to full speed on the back.
Killzone 2 userbar
Message 4 of 20 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Jun 14, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You have bad internet

That must be step one in the "MVP handbook for helping fellow forum goers".

OP, there are so many reasons as to why your internet could be slow.  You need to get on your PC and do a speed test, for starters.  Let us know what speed your getting from your PC.  If that connection is far below what you are paying for, call your ISP.

doc shady signature
Message 5 of 20 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2014

Cloudburst-- wrote:
Sony skimped on the wifi card in ps4. (It's old and cheap they could have chosen a newer model by the same company but didn't), and the Ethernet card also seems poor as well.

I've 152mb broadband and get about 40mb download on average compared to full speed on the back.

If you're having bad WiFi connectivity check your network configuration, I know of a few neighbors and friends who don't have that issue and they too have 100-150Mbps download speeds on their PS4, on WiFi because I configured their networks for them.

You must have forgotten the disclaimer on the PS4's speed test, which says it is an ESTIMATE and NOT meant to be an accurate representation of your connection to the PSN. 

I myself pay for 30/1 and using diagnostic software thought my router, I'm usually downloading from PSN at a rate of 40-60Mbps. But more often its steady at 20-25Mbps when using other devices in my house like my PC, or tablet, or my TV to watch my shows.

There are many aspects to why someone will have a bad connection. Any one part can be a factor.

Its definitely not the PS4's hardware. Because how can other people have no issues to discrepancies, and others do? 

I'd chalk that up to the ISP or a combination of the ISP, the hardware they supply (modem/gateway), and your network configuration. It can even be the fact that your router/gateways firmware is not up-to-date and requires an update. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 20 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2014

docshady wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You have bad internet

That must be step one in the "MVP handbook for helping fellow forum goers".

OP, there are so many reasons as to why your internet could be slow.  You need to get on your PC and do a speed test, for starters.  Let us know what speed your getting from your PC.  If that connection is far below what you are paying for, call your ISP.

No. Just my handbook. Besides, that's the responsibility of the Welcoming Committee

And usually, if someone is having network issues.... Its their ISP or network equipment. Plain and simple

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 20 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: Why is my Download Speed Slow? moo

Jun 14, 2014

ReTcH69 wrote:

i m download slowly why ??

__
Moderator edit: Updated thread title / label - Meowstro

Who is you ISP?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 20 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2014

Every time I see a thread like this, it gets me thinking.

My download speeds were pretty good on PS3, PSP, and Vita.  But ever since a few months ago, the speed is capped on all of them at around 400 KB/s.  All downloads on my other devices (phone, computer...) are still the same.  And I've had another PS3 at my house that does the same, and a different hard drive in mine that is the same.  Don't know why though.

Streaming on the other hand is fine.  Netflix works perfect and PlayStation Home can download spaces and items pretty fast.  It's just normal and background downloads that are completely shot.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 9 of 20 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1843 posts

Jun 14, 2014
@GreyGhost

Yeah but when you consider other wireless devices in the house get the speeds then it's clearly PS4 Smiley Happy
Killzone 2 userbar
Message 10 of 20 (165 Views)
0 Likes