Feb 11 2013
By: WithDreday Lombax Warrior 180 posts

Why is it that whenever you bash the lack of feature...

16 replies 279 views Edited Feb 11, 2013

Like the character limit, BC, or how you can't fart without your music stopping on, you get the blind defenders coming out the wood work.

We need Sony to fix these problems for the PS4, we don't need yes men/women. 

Message 1 of 17 (279 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Re: Why is it that whenever you bash the lack of feature...

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013
Could you be more specific? If you're talking about what I think you are, then I feel this way about on-disc dlc and otherbox360's pay for online. I choose not to support them because that's basically saying I'm alright with it, go ahead and make me pay $50 for dashboard advertisements and that it's ok to pay extra to access something I already own. Same thing for when I got YLOD, I chose not to pay Sony for a manufacturing fault.
If we keep supporting them for stuff we don't like, we're just telling them it's ok. You can see that we have plenty of control of what they end up putting out there. See Medal of Honor, and that game that comes out almost ever year. This may not really relate to your question, but it shows what power consumers have.

WithDreday wrote:

how you can't fart without your music stopping on

I don't know what you mean by this.

So I'm curious, what didn't you like about the PS3 that you want to see changed for the PS4?

Message 2 of 17 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Feb 11, 2013

because its called "people knowing what they're talking about and having an idea of the bigger picture"

some features, are welcome and great ideas most of them are anyway, others are downright stupid.

Most people wanting certain features, can already be done without using the console itself.

Simply people wanting/begging for the PS3 to have the same features as the X360 has is not a good way (again, while some of them are good ideas, most are not).

Making two rival consoles have the same exact features doesn't give any sort of transparency. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 17 (227 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Feb 11, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

because its called "people knowing what they're talking about and having an idea of the bigger picture"

some features, are welcome and great ideas most of them are anyway, others are downright stupid.

Most people wanting certain features, can already be done without using the console itself.

Simply people wanting/begging for the PS3 to have the same features as the X360 has is not a good way (again, while some of them are good ideas, most are not).

Making two rival consoles have the same exact features doesn't give any sort of transparency. 

But when your system cost 50% more than the other one and can't even play music while you check your internet setting, it's a bit silly. Hopefully Sony's actually listening and not taking note from the blind supporters.

Message 4 of 17 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4759 posts

Feb 11, 2013

WithDreday wrote:

Like the character limit, BC, or how you can't fart without your music stopping on, you get the blind defenders coming out the wood work.

We need Sony to fix these problems for the PS4, we don't need yes men/women. 

It happens to me all the time too so don't feel bad. I've made numerous suggestions on how to improve PlayStation products and I've almost always been bashed even though many of my ideas have eventually been implemented. If you have suggestions, it would be more productive to post your ideas on the PlayStation Blog or "vote up" ideas that have already been posted.

Here's the link:

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 5 of 17 (201 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Feb 11, 2013

WithDreday wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

But when your system cost 50% more than the other one and can't even play music while you check your internet setting, it's a bit silly. Hopefully Sony's actually listening and not taking note from the blind supporters.

Cost is a matter of perspective, and is no longer an issue.  The best thing that Sony is doing now is offering Super Slims bundled with at least one game and 30 days of Plus which elevates the total value of what you're actually getting at well over $350.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 17 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Feb 11, 2013

louie540 wrote:
Could you be more specific? If you're talking about what I think you are, then I feel this way about on-disc dlc and otherbox360's pay for online. I choose not to support them because that's basically saying I'm alright with it, go ahead and make me pay $50 for dashboard advertisements and that it's ok to pay extra to access something I already own. Same thing for when I got YLOD, I chose not to pay Sony for a manufacturing fault.
If we keep supporting them for stuff we don't like, we're just telling them it's ok. You can see that we have plenty of control of what they end up putting out there. See Medal of Honor, and that game that comes out almost ever year. This may not really relate to your question, but it shows what power consumers have.

WithDreday wrote:

how you can't fart without your music stopping on

I don't know what you mean by this.

So I'm curious, what didn't you like about the PS3 that you want to see changed for the PS4?

Play some music from your HDD and then try to do something else. It stops on everything except trophies.

And as far as changes for the PS4, I'd love oustom soundtracks across all games, loads of RAM and less installs. Those are the only real flaws of the PS3 anyway and I'm sick of people telling me that other system can do it when mine can't. But at least we do have a browser and no disk swapping I guess.

Message 7 of 17 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

WithDreday wrote:

the same reason people get so defensive and upset when their suggestions are critiqued and think of it as "bashing"

Message 8 of 17 (188 Views)
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Feb 11, 2013

WithDreday wrote:

The new Xbox will take care of that, lets hope Orbis does as well.

doc shady signature
Message 9 of 17 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Feb 18, 2013

docshady wrote:

WithDreday wrote:

The new Xbox will take care of that, lets hope Orbis does as well.

Yeah, and I also hope google chrome makes a browser for PS4 since they're rivals of MS too.

Message 10 of 17 (117 Views)