Highlighted
Dec 14 2011
By: ironbobcat First Son 6 posts

Why hasn't this been done?

6 replies 17 views Edited Dec 14, 2011

I don't know about the rest of you; but I find that sometimes; paying for the cards in order to download games from the store can be heavy on my wallet. (There's an irony in there, if you think about it,) I'm sure I already know at least one possible answer to the following question: by why doesn't SONY, Microsoft & Nintendo offer we the gamers-something that can earn, which can then be redeemed at the store toward the purchase of a downloadable game? This to me-seems like a good idea and it would also be good for promotional purposes. Think of all the hours we sit and play games; and surely, our hours of accumulated gameplay, could account for something else, rather then useless trophies or pointless "bragging rights." Suppose that for every 10 oe 20 hours of play, we have the option of being credited with safe $5 towards something at the store. Or at least, send me something in the mail for the hours that I put into my games-a T-shirt, a hat, even a frisbie. Some of the younger people might be thinking: "What's a frisbie?" I'm kidding, lighten up. I think as well; that for the amount of money we put into our hobby; some of these corporations could be a little less callus toward the consumer. Over the last 4 months; I've spent probably somewhere around $500 on games for my systems. I have bought a few things for my Wii-but primarily my ps3. I've relocated and I find the place boring. aside from the 92 titles in total that I have gotten from the online store-I have also purchased a few games at gamestop and other places. My most recent purchase was Spider-man Edge of time and before that Batman Arkham City both of which, ran about $60 a piece. Batman was worth the price I would say; but Edge of time, no. It's story is interesting by they dropped the ball on the design and gameplay. Prior to that; I bought a couple of starwars games and Alice: madness returns, as well as SOCOM 4 (that game, again-I don't find that great) I understand that it's a business and it's all about making money (and this is probably one reason why we can't earn something to spend or redeem. Wouldn't it be nice if we could though? By the way: I have a hunch that stores like gamestop, will eventually face the same fate as blockbuster video. I'm sure that developeds will lean more toward digital download in the months and years to come. 

Message 1 of 7 (17 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Re: Why hasn't this been done?

Dec 14, 2011

At this time last year, Sony was sort of going in this direction with the beta Rewards program.  You didn't get discounts based on purchases, but you did get 'points' for money spent, which in turn gave you access to some free exclusive goodies - avatars, themes, etc.

Message 2 of 7 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Dec 14, 2011

the rewards program is n beta. & u know how long sony products beta take. so b patient like me 8) .

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 3 of 7 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Dec 14, 2011

Rage_kmj wrote:

the rewards program is n beta. & u know how long sony products beta take. so b patient like me 8) .

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
Get your Portable ID!

Actually, the Rewards program has been suspended. No word on when or if it will return.

Message 4 of 7 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Dec 14, 2011

sony just sent this account 3 free months of plus - plus a starhawk beta code! i have plus on one of my secondary accounts, so thought it was cool to get some codes for 3 free months

Message 5 of 7 (17 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40094 posts

Dec 14, 2011

Nice one, good for you.

I can see what they're (Sony) are tying to do jpb, keep people like yourself interested in Plus, a good idea, on the face of it at least, others may say it's a good marketing strategy while some would say it's unfair to those that continue to be Plus Subscribers, personally I can see both sides.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 7 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Dec 14, 2011

maybe they dnt want 2 say when we r going 2 have it just not 2 do the same mistake like they did with ps home

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 7 of 7 (17 Views)
0 Likes