Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
13 posts

Re: Why doesnt sony stop hackers

Feb 5, 2011

Back to my point Do any of you guys think that sony will stop the hacking?

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 30 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Feb 5, 2011

Hacking will never stop, sadly. Hacking is not what it used to be and now has turned into something that not only affects the 'big bad corporations' but consumers. I won't pretend to understand why hackers do what they do, and in the same turn won't justify what companies do to make $$. But I can respond with an scenario I experienced just tonight.

I've been running out of space on my PS3 Slim HDD for the past 6 months. You might know the loosing battle of more and more great games being released that you want to download and play/demo but having a finite HDD. Well BestBuy had a deal on a Western Digital 500 GB HDD so I jumped. I replaced the HDD on my old PS3 Phat 20GB (BC love!!) many moons ago and it was a quick 30 min. operation. So I thought this would be easy for the Slim. Well after 2 hours trying to get the PS3 to recognize the new HDD and trying to load the lastest firmware (3.56) from a USB stick, external HDD, and a DVD, I discovered an interesting thread on these forums. Apparently firmware 3.56 has reintroduced a past bug that disables the ability to install a new HDD.

As far as I know firmware 3.56 is in response to the latest efforts by hackers on the PS3. So this could have just been a misstep in trying to close some of those back doors or whatever. Regardless, again not pointing fingers at any one person or entity, it just sucks for someone like me with very little 'free-time' on their hands to have to burn 2 hours on a tech issue that really shouldn't be. I'm just disappointed with the whole thing, not my idea of a fun Friday night! But after using a box of kleenex (no not really, ok maybe just 1 or 2 sheets) I swapped in my old HDD and am now downloading the Killzone 3 MP beta to work out my frustrations on the Helgast

This is just what happened to me and my perspective. So no, I don't think Sony (or any company for that matter) can ultimately stop hackers. Yin and Yang my friends, it's the balance of all things. It just sucks when you get stuck in the middle...

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 30 (196 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7552 posts

Feb 5, 2011

Astronomerguy wrote:

...because "hacking" i.e. playing round with the hardware that you bought and therefore own, isn't illegal? just sayin'.

Go play with your hardware with whatever you like. Blow it up with TNT, even. Shoot it with a machinegun? Hell yes.

But going around hacking other people's games, ruining online play with cheats, filling up online leaderboards with fake scores and pissing off people in general is the fracking problem here, look at CODMW2's multiplayer for examples of hacked prestiges.

Go screw with your hardware all you want, we don't care. And for all we care, we enjoy our systems as we please.

But go and ruin online play for other people? They deserve their console banned, and a collective "screw you" and "good riddance" from the people who try to play and enjoy their games online.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 30 (196 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2137 posts

Feb 5, 2011

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Suing George Hotz isn't about "revenge" or to get back at anyone, it's about making an example out of him. This is about instilling the "fear of God" into the hacking community. "You think you can't be found? You think you're safe behind a screen name? Well guess what? We found you!". The other thing that many don't seem to realize is that Sony doesn't want their trade secrets all over the place, for anyone to use for some underhanded purpose. There's a bigger picture here.

Blue Led Status achieved 10-26-2004
9-09-09

You do realize that GeoHotz has been on CNN way before he jailbroke the PS3? Hes been known since around 2008 when he jailbroke the iPhone, so he was never hiding I don't understand where you got that idea from. All the other top hacking developers operate under anonymous or a alias and have never revealed their real names which makes it nearly impossible for them to be found. The hackers that have created backup managers are still working, dishing out a new version of their software daily and Sony hasn't done anything about it. As of right now people are going on PSN with hacked CFW through simple DNS workarounds and/or IP spoofing. Funny thing Sony sent a DMCA take down notice to a Norwegian website that hosts tools to hack the PS3 but DMCA only applies to United States law so geuss what it's still up and thats the new home for all the top hacking developers.

You kick the hornets nest, you're bound to get stung.

Blue Led Status achieved 10-26-2004
9-09-09

Sony definitely kicked the hornets nest thats for damn sure.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 30 (196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Good see Sony and symantec help players on hacking is going on ps3

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 30 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Sep 11, 2012

well i know this is a old thread but still applies...according to many websites after i was noticing many things when online the ps3 has been hacked wide open once again and online keys have been released and theres many of these idiots online on many games they have hacked all to hell..i still love playing GTA4 but now you can't hardly even play online because they are using so many mods it makes it impossible to beat them and they are doing it in all versions and all modes of play...well i guess if sony can't fix this issue it will be time to sell the thing or give these idiots a piece of their own action with a install of the E3 flasher to just make things equal again..i thought Sony had a real grip on things but now it looks like they have lost that battle...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 30 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Sep 11, 2012
What your talking about is 3rd party games that are being hacked. This is not Sony's fault. These games are made by other devs that are not in Sony and haven't been patched in a while. GTA 4 had glitches in it since 4 years ago. I imagine its gotten worse.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 30 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Sep 11, 2012

i already know that but thats not what im talking about..that was just a example and it has exploded with gta4 just in the last few days,and alot of this is on sony's end because if the hackers couldn't get online then this wouldn't be such a big deal other than games that have game save hacks and game save hacks for GTA only work on JB consoles..sony had a grip on this for awhile but it's wide open once again..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 30 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 22, 2014

Yea i know playstationdoes really hard work but im just saying i see so many pepole getting hacked so i know they need to stop them by doing something than just a password and guys just a tip in youtube videos dont show your email our u will get hacked thats how pepole get hacked and one more tip if you have a ps vita dont play on it while on charge otherwhise you mite get the blue light of death or you might get yur screen burnt if the blue light of death happens to you stand your ps vita and hold the power button for 20 seconds if your vita is off and it happens hold the ps button the power button and r and it will be in recovery mode then you click restart ps vita then thats it if u want to add me on psn its sufyan2004 add me if this helps bye and thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 30 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
1940 posts

Jun 23, 2014

This thread is now locked to prevent further necrobumping.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (49 Views)
0 Likes