Monster Hunter
45 posts

Re: Why doesn't the PS3 have Skype?

May 2, 2012

I guess it would have to do with it not being compatible... Skype would be good for it

Message 11 of 27 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

May 2, 2012

yea the pseye would work, even tho its not HD. but I dont need HD, just a reason why skype isnt already on the PS3. thanks for thinking constructively and not attack a valid thought with mindless dribble.

Message 12 of 27 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

May 2, 2012

You guys are foolish, I dont need a personal computer for anything. Just because someone owns a ps3 and not a computer doesnt mean their mind set is "well I have a ps3 i dont need anything else"? really is that what you think is going through their mind? I was simply explaining that its not redundant to have multiple sources of useing skype... that was it! who cares what you think people should own. I have never bought a computer but I have bought 3 ps3's, psp's, ipod touch, internet ready tv, Wii and guess what I watch Netflix on all of them except my PSP. is that redundant? depends on where each are located. think a little... my point wasnt to say some people may not own a pc is was simply to say that skype would be cool on the ps3 ,did you miss that?!? but go on about what ever it is your talking about...

Message 13 of 27 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

May 2, 2012

you said you wanted skype...now go get a pc and you can use skype...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 14 of 27 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

May 2, 2012

the flat out reason why is there probably isn't any real demand for it and sony has no money to make implementing something like that on a gameing console.

Message 15 of 27 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

May 2, 2012

your opinion has no bearing here...but i guess i'll reply... yes there is a demand, and skype is free... sony doesnt make money from amazon video, or netflix either, so try again...

Message 16 of 27 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Message 17 of 27 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3105 posts

May 2, 2012

i know its free but it will cost them to implement it into the ps3 so it would work and they have no money to make from it and i can almost asure you there was a deal between sony and netflix and amazon video to implement it into the machine as those are paid services and not free,so they give sony some kickback and these services get more customers because more people get choice that way..you know absolutely nothing how business works as pointed out from your ridiculous posts.please learn a little so you dont look so ignorant next time.

Message 18 of 27 (150 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28546 posts

May 2, 2012

DyingFetus wrote:

You guys are foolish, I dont need a personal computer for anything. Just because someone owns a ps3 and not a computer doesnt mean their mind set is "well I have a ps3 i dont need anything else"? really is that what you think is going through their mind? I was simply explaining that its not redundant to have multiple sources of useing skype... that was it! who cares what you think people should own. I have never bought a computer but I have bought 3 ps3's, psp's, ipod touch, internet ready tv, Wii and guess what I watch Netflix on all of them except my PSP. is that redundant? depends on where each are located. think a little... my point wasnt to say some people may not own a pc is was simply to say that skype would be cool on the ps3 ,did you miss that?!? but go on about what ever it is your talking about...

You have Netflix on an excess of devices. That is the very definition of "redundant". I really think you do believe that since you have a PS3 you don't need anything else, and that it was going to be a substitute for a PC "on the cheap".

I didn't miss that you thought "it would be cool", but it seems that you've been taken aback to the counter point that I made to your statment that not everyone has a computer. As I've said before, according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics in 2008 it was determined that 76% of households in the United States had a computer (apparently not yours it seems). That is the overwhelmingly glaring hole in your argument. So please don't blame me that I've presented an effective counter argument to yours. With so many households that DO have computers, there wouldn't be that much point in putting Skype on the PS3 and then having to PAY Microsoft to license it. Yes, Skype is now owned by Microsoft, and Bill Gates isn't going to just let them have it for free.

The argument of "not everyone has a PC" simply doesn't apply in 2012. When you say you don't have a PC, YOU don't have a PC.

Message 19 of 27 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

May 3, 2012

that was never my argument... my argument was it would be cool to have skype on the ps3... thats all! and i pointed out several ways to use it that would only benifit the ps3... you guys have no clue what this entire thread was about. as I pointed out that I have netflix on several devices. i agree it would be excesive if all my devices were hooked up to the same tv in the same room. but what you fail to realize is not everyone lives in their moms basement with only one room to occupy. i have my own house with plenty of rooms, i also have a son who plays the wii and watches netflix in his room. ipods are portable netflix and I have a backroom with a ps3 and tv hooked to it so if I have company they can watch netflix if im playing in the livingroom. i do have one ps3 hooked up to my internet tv but that isnt redundant it just saves money on electricity so i can turn off 1 ps3 to watch netflix. the other ps3 is in my room so i can watch netflix there. anything else I need to clarify for you 2 internet tough guys? how about just addressing the thread topic...hmm..

Message 20 of 27 (150 Views)
0 Likes