Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 27 2011
By: Hoser_Daddy Hekseville Citizen 292 posts

Why does the Playstation forums have to be overly complex?

1 replies 10 views Edited Oct 27, 2011

I am really mystified by this trend of any social forum and/or network to become increasingly difficult to use and participate in. The new Playstation forums is a prime example. Before I could simply load up the forum page, scroll to section I wanted, open that up and voila! So simply and clear. Now I come to the forums here and I get a bunch of random topics, no sections, no clear and simple way to go to the particular forum I want to go to. Spaces? Why do I need that? Why do I have to go through a bunch of hoops just to get to the forum I want to go to? Adding "features" to the forums seems like adding a 5th wheel and four more bumpers to a car.

The old forums weren't broke, so why the "fix"?

Message 1 of 2 (10 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30460 posts

Re: Why does the Playstation forums have to be overly complex?

Oct 27, 2011

Hoser_Daddy wrote:

I am really mystified by this trend of any social forum and/or network to become increasingly difficult to use and participate in. The new Playstation forums is a prime example. Before I could simply load up the forum page, scroll to section I wanted, open that up and voila! So simply and clear. Now I come to the forums here and I get a bunch of random topics, no sections, no clear and simple way to go to the particular forum I want to go to. Spaces? Why do I need that? Why do I have to go through a bunch of hoops just to get to the forum I want to go to? Adding "features" to the forums seems like adding a 5th wheel and four more bumpers to a car.

The old forums weren't broke, so why the "fix"?

The Forums were changed some months ago now & if you had asked me back then you'd have found me in total agreement with you, now having both given them & myself time to get to get reaccquainted with the new format & navigation etc I am much happier, are they perfect?, no far from it, but things are better, & improving, get to know them again, the Mod's & the rest of the Forum members & give them all a chance & I think you'll agree too.

Message 2 of 2 (10 Views)
0 Likes