Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Re: Why does my PS3 keep freezing??

Nov 27, 2009

Gibson3 wrote:

My AC2 froze and the PS3 reset itself.....and it corrupted my save data.

I've had freezing problems on this 3rd refurb, not quite launch (made in china) 60GB.

Sony blames my game discs, but wont warrenty my system. Its happened with Fallout 3, MGS4, Ratchet and Clank, Lego Indy Jones 2.

They even put a note on my account to not honor my CR90.

That happend to me as well. It will corrupt my saved data. Did it to me on Uncharted 2 and AC2.

Message 11 of 32 (1,722 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 27, 2009

Mines been FREEZING since update 3.01 and is freezing twice as hard with this new update It's funny how you spend over $1000 on game systems and they all work like trash xbox 360 and PS3. My nintendo that I had since I was 4 years old which was 15 years ago still works better than these overpriced systems The next thing Playstation or Xbox come out with better be under 100 bucks because that's the quality of these current generation systems the only thing decent that playstation came out with is the first playstation which was over 10 years ago. I'm startin to wonder do they **bleep**in test these things out before they go putting them out on store shelves Nintendo might suck now but at least they take the time to make a system that's not going to break or give you problems under 1 year of owning all my nintendo systems including the handheld gameboys from the 90's, 64,DS, Gamecube, all the way up to the Wii are still working while I got 2 360's 1 PS2 1 PS3 1 PSP that broke on me and are somewhere in the city dump and had to replace all of them. Don't get me wrong these are great systems to play games on but the quality is horrible I guess that saying you get what you pay for doesn't apply to videogames because I paid for a $600 system and getting a $50 system and payed under 250 on Wii but it plays like a $600 system now on that note I'm not the only one who thinks this way but If Playstation or Xbox don't pick their game up and meet the "HIGH" expectations they set from themselves they need to stick to making TV's and designing software for computers (Microsoft barely does a good job on that) I might sound bitter but it's just I'm getting tired of getting disappointed and if somethin doesn't improve I guess I'll just stick with nintendo. I know I got a little off subject but that's me Mr. Random.aka Honest Abe

P.S. Poor customer service everytime I call to see if I can get my money put back into my wallet for a game I didn't purchase it's an answer machine or keeps ringing

Message 12 of 32 (1,722 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28677 posts

Nov 28, 2009
Here's a practical question; have you ever cleaned your PS3?
Message 13 of 32 (1,722 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 14, 2010

MAN,,,, and i thought that the XBOX had problems,,, holy crap,,,, the same thing is happening to me, and it pisses me off!!! winning a MW2 match and then it freezes... only for MW2 though, and i have the new update,...... im not paying sony to fix it either cuz from reading this its probably cuz of the update, but if its supposed to be a new update,,, then why is it freezing?

Message 14 of 32 (1,722 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5451 posts

May 14, 2010

spanky-loco-X wrote:

MAN,,,, and i thought that the XBOX had problems,,, holy crap,,,, the same thing is happening to me, and it pisses me off!!! winning a MW2 match and then it freezes... only for MW2 though, and i have the new update,...... im not paying sony to fix it either cuz from reading this its probably cuz of the update, but if its supposed to be a new update,,, then why is it freezing?

Your issue is associated with FW 3.30. This thread is from November. However, you're not the only one to claim they freeze after after MW2 online matches. Check the MW2 boards.

Message 15 of 32 (1,722 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 29, 2010

try unplggint it and vacumming the vents mine did the same thing as your and this worked.

Message 16 of 32 (1,722 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Aug 19, 2010

r u sure this wrx? im gonna try it. btw add me

Message 17 of 32 (1,722 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
261 posts

Aug 19, 2010

illidan50 wrote:

so ever since the new update (3.10), my PS3 has started to freeze when playing games, more specifically Assassins Creed 2 and Borderlands. My PS3 has never froze until this update and just started last night and continued today; once in AC2 and Borderlands and then twice in AC2 on the same mission i was trying to do.

Now the question is why would this be happening and what can i do to not make it do it anymore?

My PS3 is the 80gb MGS4 combo btw

Message Edited by illidan50 on 11-24-2009 10:07 PM

Over heating issues.. make sure its a room temperature area with plenty of ventilation.. It might be over heating, but im not sure. Or, like you said, its that made alot of ps3's freeze..

Message 18 of 32 (1,722 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 10, 2010

It seems that Sony maybe to blame cuz of their updates. Ever since 3.42 update I have been having freezing issues. Never have I had freezing issues but as soon as I updated everything started freezing. Someone should check into these updates Sony creates.

Message 19 of 32 (1,722 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Sep 10, 2010

its not the firmware(...well prob not.....). peoples ps3s die every day and every time its within a few weeks of an update those people blame the update. its definitely a coincidence. ....(most likely) .

Add me to your friends list if you like.... ABSOLUTELY no game-sharing.....
Message 20 of 32 (1,722 Views)
0 Likes