Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Why does it take forever for everything on the PS3 to download?

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013
Sony's online has always been a bit crap. I'm D/L-ing "Last of Us"... and the installer says I have 7 hrs left. (its been going maybe 20mins)
I know its big-ish... and a ton of people are probably downloading it too... but thats just crazy. The same file size would take me about 1hr tops on my mac,/pc... probably 2hrs on Xbox.
And to think i got the digital version so i could play it sooner..lol... Walmart opens at 7am .... Doh!
Message 41 of 73 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3405 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Garyxyz851 wrote:

OP go to speedtest.net run the test and then post your speed results here so we can determine if your internet is slow.

Lol why does everyone use speed test to determine speed?

It is false positives they show different speeds everytime you run it..

i get better speeds when i pick a server over seas now that is funny.....

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Message 42 of 73 (482 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 4, 2013
I know I downloaded the map pack vengeance and it took 4 days to donelode Why is everything so slow if dosent change I'm changing to Xbox it's much faster
Message 43 of 73 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
306 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

It all depends on Your internet ... and what broadband you have and Were you live <<<<<

i have Comcast Xfinity my Internet is about 50-100MBPS

i don't see an issue with the Speed limit i mean i download DC Universe that's 21 Gigs ( Currently ) in about 10 minutes lol and DC has LOOONG Updates cus my causin's PS3 takes about 4 hours to finish up the Update Completely   Though he Lives out of Town

Its not the PS3 sometimes it is but u don't Notice it.... 90% of the time is the Weather ehh Alot of things can come between your ps3 connection and the enviroment to cause it to lack its normal Speed... if this continues .. then it ur broadband or ur Modem-router 

You can simply fix this problem by Upgrading ur Net it will coss more but ur Speed will be Way faster then what is  .. or u can use the Other Option wich i won't reocmmend cus its always the BroadBand hyping into ur net to check ur pay Days etc etc ...is .. u can buy Another Modem or Router sometimes This helps Speed up ur Net cus the broadband Modem's are usualy Recycled....

* Spolier* ..... Upgrading your Internet will charge You more but u'll Stop having issues with Speed Althought it can sometimes Lead to over Charge Specials depending on how you aquiere them 

Example : your nearby broadband company is offering about 100 MPS for 20$ a Month for 6 Months << After 6 Months does 20$ turn into 70$ .. be aware of that cus it will coss u Alot of Trouble for does who have low Incomes and they will simply Reply...

"We Only apply what you choose to your package"

"You can't believe everything on the Internet"-- Kevin Butler
Message 44 of 73 (394 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 29, 2013
I just got gta v today its been three hours and its still installing
Message 45 of 73 (328 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 29, 2013
Is anyone elses gta v taking this long to install
Message 46 of 73 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Sep 29, 2013
I download at 4 mb/s on ps3. And on my laptop I download 2mb/s. so there's def no problem. It's amazing I download 2mb faster than on a computer
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 47 of 73 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3757 posts

Sep 29, 2013

kauffdog wrote:

You have no basis whatsoever to claim I didn't read prior comments. And my post context in itself shows that I have done my homework and am an advanced tech user. Don't ASSume.  I simply posted accurate information that's been tested in several environmenorder in order to substantiate my claim. The reason it's slow is simply because IT IS!

Dude, just ignore grey, all he ever does is flame anyone who says something negative about sony or their products. As for your speed issue, its the truth. Which I am sure will be the same for the ps4. Thats sony always making updates of which make more problems than its solviing. So I will say this, just bare with it because it is the way it is. Some times when there is less usage on the store I notice faster speeds. Pray when your doing your business its the latter.. Good luck.

Message 48 of 73 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3757 posts

Sep 29, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

kauffdog wrote:

I'm sorry but the PS3 HORRIBLE! I mean its 2013. My 360 is FAST on the install, updates, and downloads. All my kids 3ds are faster, iPods faster, wii and wii u faster. I can't believe after all these years Sony has been given a pass on this. Downloaded LBP2. Took30 min, THEN the update took 45. ANYONE that owns all 4 consoles (wiiu included) KNOW the POS3 is the worst of them all. Supposed to b the newest and its the slowest when downloading, installing, and updating. YES IM A PLUS MEMBER!  It's an insult to customers to settle for less performance with a console and company with this much clout. Wired or wireless my POS3 is the SLOWEST of all the wireless or wired devices in my home. I have an newest iPad, 3 iPods 4th gen, 3: 3ds, a wii on wireless, wiiu, 360, wiiu, nexus tablet,  2 iPhones. Now 90% of those devices r wireless. My 360 and POS3 are the only ones not wireless and the PS3 is THE WORST with a wiredconnection.  As I searached for these forums, logged in, typed this all out on my iPad and did reproduction read and spell check I'm still only 46% into the update for LBP2 and my screen saver feature kicked in. Simply put, anyone use any other device will see what I'm talking about Sony only gets away with this because so many of their customers didnt have a major network in their home.  I got 3 devices wired to router and ps3 is one of them and at the end of writing this, I'm only at 54% of the LBP2 update. It's bad hardware, and  horrible tech. I was a huge ps2 fan and love my GOW and  bought a bunch of ps3 titles online and via GameStop because I saved for a new 360 slim. So I got dishonored, black ops2, COD3, and many others. So the games are good. But I go and download LBP TODAY and when I'm done I got this MASSIVE update. Why the hell wldnt it justb included in the original download???? It's like downloading a game only to update it and download it again just to update it again. I seriously cld have just got in the car, drove to GameStop, bought the game, and then download the update for another 45min. Horrible, cheap, misleading, and anyone that owns all 4 consoles is settling for less by making their POS3 their main console. I want it to be great but Sony got $500 of mine nearly 6 years ago and hundreds since. For that priceAND HYPE, it should B better. NO! IT should be the best. 

go rant somewhere else if you're not going to bother to read the rest of the comments.

How about you quit trolling people who speak their mind about sony. Are you a paid sony employee or what??? You troll anyone who does this? This forums is for those who want to say something about sony which is within the rules set. As it stands your breaking the rules by constantly trolling people like this.

Message 49 of 73 (293 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Sep 29, 2013

I am a True Sony fan. Whoever has read my post probably knows this.

I will disagree with things that are miniscule, things that try to shed a negative spin when it's unjust.

As for the PSN downloads and installs it is a test in patience.

I don't know why, it takes so long.

Sony has said they will have significant improvements to the network.  Please be true.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 50 of 73 (288 Views)
0 Likes