First Son
20 posts

Re: Why does Sony give me MORE reason's to buy Retail/Used and not Digital ? (PSN Store Prices Insan

Oct 26, 2012

I'm looking to get my money's worth. I love the idea of digital and so far I have tons of digital titles for both psp and vita. Overall I'm just disappointed with the prices of the digital downloads for the vita. It seems that other games on the ps store get prices competitively like assassins creed, call of duty, gta and more are priced to sell. Hopefully when ps vita gets ps plus that we will see some benefits.

Message 11 of 15 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Re: Why does Sony give me MORE reason's to buy Retail/Used and not Digital ? (PSN Store Prices Insan

Oct 26, 2012
Doesn't matter to me, im physical copies all the way. Helps make my 865 DVD stand fill up quicker lol
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 12 of 15 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Oct 26, 2012

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

Well as most games retail/new come with online passes now, Sony pretty much already killed the used gaming market which is completely fair. They make literally no money from any used games and you will be missing out when you buy a used game that has mutliplayer online and you are stuck without that online pass, having to purchase another just for the used game.

[I would much rather buy a used game and spend an extra $10 bucks just to play online. Instead of paying $60+ to get the game. Plus, some games can be played without the multiplayer. I used to rent games, which some needed an online pass but still enjoyed the single player (ex: Uncharted 3, Unit 13, etc). In a nutshell, you can't really say the used-game market has been killed.]

As far as digital goes, sure it is great but with how many people are being hacked lately and just the hacking in general that has been going on lately, I for one will always prefer phsyical copies. Simply because it is safer. Just like I won't store my entire computers hard drive on some Cloud.

[How is having things on your hard drive safer than storing them on the "clowd"? Plus it is better to have a back-up just incase one or the other fails. Anyway, there has not been a whole lot of hacking, just that insident, but I'm sure Sony is way more consern about PSN now. ]

It could be any random day, PSN get's uber hacked again and who knows what will happen. I am not the person to take those chances, I keep all my money in a safe for good reason.

Not a bank where I could easily have it stolen, hacked or whatever and never see a dime of it again. I mean realistically with how big games are now, even a 64GB card for an enthusiast could easily be filled. I just don't ever see digital being the main thing because you will end up running out of space regardless and still end up switching out those game cards.

[I didn't know banks got easily robbed. What kind of bank do you go to? I think you would have a better chance to getting your money back rather than just getting robbed at the street. Plus, let's say PSN does get hacked. How are you going to lose the games you have downloaded?* Sony would just give you all the games you have downloaded back (if you deleted them that is). Getting a physical copy stolen means that it's gone for good. And as you have seen: there are more goods stolen than hackings going on.

Also, once the memory card fills, obviously you would just remove the games you don't play with anymore to put the game you're going to be playing the most.

*Maybe the hacker deletes your download list. Well, that is the same thing as getting your game stolen. So it's even.]

I mean in that situation it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't. You buy the physical copies yes its more of hassle and you have a bunch of them laying around but is it any worse than spending a ton on memory cards everytime you fill one up.. I couldn't tell you which is worse, I can only tell you what I think is safer.

[I think a smart consumer would just buy a 32GB card and just use that one. There's no logic to having multiple memory cards if you're not going to use them in the end. A smart consumer would just "update" his or her card.

If I were got my Vita stolen, I would just download all the games I have downloaded (I have gone all-digital except for Little Deviants). If I had all the hard copies in my first edition case (what I mostly use to carry my Vita around), then that would be a shame, cuz I would have to buy them all over again.

Anyway those are my opinions, and I respect yours.]

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 13 of 15 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Oct 26, 2012

magicx11 wrote:

If you like convenience.go online, but if you're looking to be more resourceful with your money, you ought to go the retail way.

Here are my reasons.

1. Games get older and cheaper with time. so there no reason to spend $40 for a game that will cost $15 five months later.
  2. Next month PS PLUS will start giving out free games and discounts on the psn store for VITA owner. Why buy a game online when there a possibility that you'll get it free later.
  3. Retail prices are way cheaper that the ones online, plus saving and discounts are also better on retail stores.
  4. With a receipt, there a chance of getting your money back when returning games.

sorry for the grammar.

Reasons 1  - 3: Pretty much saying, "Wait untill PS4/PSV2 comes out." Which is not bad or anything. It's just the way I saw it for a sec.

For reason 4: You don't a reason to return the game because it will not have any problems, and if it does, just wait for a patch or a refund (if the game is that horrible, which I think Sony would not release in the first place). Also, you can't return games after being opened. So I guess if you buy the wrong one for your friend's b-day, I guess it can be exchanged/returned. But really, who makes mistakes when buying a game online?

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 14 of 15 (67 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Sony has not thought this one out overpricing the memory card then charging too much for digital copies. They would fair better if they dropped the memory card price then I believe more people would jump on the digital because people could carry multiple games on one card. I on the other hand have grown up in the age of physical copies and that is what I prefer. I always buy physical if possible. I have bought some psone digitals but feel like it is incomplete purchase. 

Message 15 of 15 (49 Views)
0 Likes