Mar 06 2013
By: Janseeen First Son 2 posts

Why does Playstation/Sony have to be so terrible with Customer Service

6 replies 253 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

So I haven't checked my playstation 3 in awhile but today i decide to go to the store and see what's new. I see an advertisement for Buy One Year of Playstation Plus get 3 months free. My playstaiton plus membership hasn't expired yet but because they had such a great deal i decide to buy it anyways. It takes me to a page to buy the subscription for one year, I don't notice anything about the extra 3 months I assume it will automatically be added to my account, so i give them my $50 dollars and check my account.

Only says 12 months. I call customer support and a nice guy answers and talks to me. I told him my situation and he basically said the promotion ended yesterday and you can't get it. Well if it ended yesterday why was the advertisement still on the store. They told me because the store refreshes on Tuesday and the Expiration dates were posted on the store and online. Well I never saw the ad online and on the store it only said buy 1 year get 3 free. If i click it I go to a screen to buy the one year, no expiration date. 

I just can't believe such a big company would not give a loyal long term customer the 3 months that was advertised. Why am i so unlucky....

Message 1 of 7 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Re: Why does Playstation/Sony have to be so terrible with Customer Service

Mar 6, 2013

So you have PS+, but haven't visited the store in the two months the promotion has been going on??? That seems a bit odd.

In any case, if you click to purchase something and it doesn't show what you expect, normal people don't go ahead with the purchase, they research why they're seeing something different.

Message 2 of 7 (242 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 6, 2013

just assumed that you just have to buy the one year, so i didn't think i needed to see anything special or different. 

Message 3 of 7 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Mar 6, 2013

you were going to get it for another year anyways , so you didn't get the extra months . mabe next year .....

photo BOSTONRED_zps198fa9ed.jpg
Message 4 of 7 (212 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9995 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

When the promotion was going on, it was stated in the description at the top, that buying it will get you an extra 3 months, it also stated when the offer expires in the items description right after it said the 3 extra months. Since the promotion ended that info was removed from the description, which is why you didn`t see it there. Well you now know for next time so hopfully you wouldn`t make the same mistake.

also don`t forget, the spend $50 get $10 back promotion is still in effect, the $49.99 counts for that promotion, so you will recieve $10 sometime in april, so you really got the subscription for $40 if you think about it.

Message 5 of 7 (196 Views)
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Mar 7, 2013

Janseeen wrote:

I just can't believe such a big company would not give a loyal long term customer the 3 months that was advertised. Why am i so unlucky....

It's just how Sony works. If you took a time-stamped picture of the promotion, or filmed it, etc. And then accused them of false advertisement -- which is a relatively serious offense in any country on the planet. Then Sony will actually refer to their user-agreement, and point out that they're treating this as operative law until such a time as that a civil suit will decide in a customer's favour, based on new laws that specifically target online transactions.

In other words, until they actually cheat you out of a "significant" amount of money, you're not able to do anything.

Of course, not that you would want to, unless you're trying to help Sony avoid creating a bad image for themselves out of charity.

Message 6 of 7 (149 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Mar 7, 2013

I advise trying CS again.  Try their live chat, perhaps: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/New-Support-Contact-Option-Live-Chat/m-...

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 7 of 7 (126 Views)
0 Likes