Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: Why does PSN Crash Bandicoot 2 have no analog support?

May 18, 2013

The don't alter PS1 games as far as I know so if the disc version does not have analog support the PSN version won't have it although it would be nice of them to add it in.

Message 11 of 15 (1,659 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

May 18, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

The don't alter PS1 games as far as I know so if the disc version does not have analog support the PSN version won't have it although it would be nice of them to add it in.

But... IT DOES!

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 12 of 15 (1,654 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13578 posts

May 18, 2013

Well, technically they do have an excuse.

If you read the description of any PS1 classic it says it in there:

This title has been converted from the original PlayStation® disc to the PSP® and the PS3™ systems. Consequently, there may be times where the title plays differently from the PlayStation® disc version, or where some features may not function properly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 15 (1,649 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 18, 2013

ZANIACK wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

But... IT DOES!

Then I wouldn't know. It's just as glaciusx25 said, Sony already puts a disclaimer that informs the buyer the digital version may not play the same way as the disc version. Why, ask Sony. 

Message 14 of 15 (1,644 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 11, 2013

Just for interest...

The PAL version can be played on PS Vita and the analog controls work fine.

There's definitely some bug in the original release which is telling the emulator there is no analog support - if played on a PSP using a DS3 controller then analog works too but bizarrely you have to tell the emulator to use the controller in digital mode.

It's a shame this has never been fixed as controls were clearly designed with analog input in mind.

Message 15 of 15 (1,579 Views)
0 Likes