Reply
May 17 2013
By: ZANIACK Hekseville Citizen 381 posts
Offline

Why does PSN Crash Bandicoot 2 have no analog support?

14 replies 8331 views Edited May 17, 2013

I bought the game digitally two years ago to find that it doesn't have analog support no matter what. I've set the control function to analog mode and it doesn't allow it. I looked at the digital manual to find a pre dualshock controller and assumed that Crash 2 never had analog support. Now someone tells me that their disc copy does have analog functionality. It makes no sense whatsoever for feature being absent in the PSN version of this game.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Games-General/Crash-Bandicoot-2-analog/td-p/27828148

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 1 of 15 (8,331 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29167 posts
 

Re: Why does PSN Crash Bandicoot 2 have no analog support?

May 17, 2013

Playstation games are released as is. Did you try the controller options you can access when you press the PS button?

Message 2 of 15 (8,329 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/05/2013
Offline
1013 posts
 

Re: Why does PSN Crash Bandicoot 2 have no analog support?

May 17, 2013
Because the original game didn't have analog support. They don't change the game. They just put the files up so you can download them.
My PSN
Message 3 of 15 (8,321 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
381 posts
 

Re: Why does PSN Crash Bandicoot 2 have no analog support?

May 17, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
Because the original game didn't have analog support. They don't change the game. They just put the files up so you can download them.

Not true at all.

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 4 of 15 (8,302 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
381 posts
 

Re: Why does PSN Crash Bandicoot 2 have no analog support?

May 17, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Playstation games are released as is. Did you try the controller options you can access when you press the PS button?


You should have read my post.

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 5 of 15 (8,301 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 02/05/2013
Offline
1013 posts
 

Re: Why does PSN Crash Bandicoot 2 have no analog support?

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013
I have the original ps1 non-greatest hit version of Crash Bandicoot 2. The original game did not have analog support. The greatest hits version had it added, but the original did not.
My PSN
Message 6 of 15 (8,293 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
381 posts
 

Re: Why does PSN Crash Bandicoot 2 have no analog support?

May 17, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
I have the original ps1 non-greatest hit version of Crash Bandicoot 2. The original game did not have analog support. The greatest hits version had it added, but the original did not.

I know a person who as the original edition disc with analog functionality...

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 7 of 15 (8,280 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/08/2013
Offline
180 posts
 

Re: Why does PSN Crash Bandicoot 2 have no analog support?

May 18, 2013

Older PS1 games didn't support analog, that's how it is. 

If what you are saying is true, then it's safe to assume that maybe some of the last black labeled copies included the option as well. 

Message 8 of 15 (8,261 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/17/2003
Online
19205 posts
 

Re: Why does PSN Crash Bandicoot 2 have no analog support?

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

ZANIACK wrote:

the_ed_85 wrote:
I have the original ps1 non-greatest hit version of Crash Bandicoot 2. The original game did not have analog support. The greatest hits version had it added, but the original did not.

I know a person who as the original edition disc with analog functionality...


Yeah...I'm looking at my original black label copy of Crash Bandicoot 2 and it does say Analog Controller Compatible right on the game. 

Crash 2

 

Crash 2

Message 9 of 15 (8,250 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
381 posts
 

Re: Why does PSN Crash Bandicoot 2 have no analog support?

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

zeker wrote:

ZANIACK wrote:

the_ed_85 wrote:
I have the original ps1 non-greatest hit version of Crash Bandicoot 2. The original game did not have analog support. The greatest hits version had it added, but the original did not.

I know a person who as the original edition disc with analog functionality...


Yeah...I'm looking at my original black label copy of Crash Bandicoot 2 and it does say Analog Controller Compatible right on the game. 

Crash 2

 

Crash 2


Sony has no excuse.

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 10 of 15 (8,223 Views)
Reply
0 Likes