VP of Gaming
36709 posts

Re: Why does PS4 show which games my friends and I have recently played?

Mar 27, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:
Only you, and people whom you accepted their "name requests", will see the name you entered.

On your ps4, you will always see your name

wow i didnt know that

that is just too much

invasion of privacy here

whats next

will my friends be able to see my address?

and my credic card info?

How is that invasion of privacy? It only displays the name YOU entered.

Not the name you registered to PSN as.

You could enter your name as "Joe Schmoe", and so people who send you Name Requests that you accept will just see "Joe Schmoe" instead of hitman.

You also have to accept the Name Request (which is separate from Friend Request). So if you don't accept any Name Requests, then I don't see the problem.

so whats the point of my psn id if people can see whatever i put as my name?

sony is taking this way too far it should just be my psn id and thats it

it shouldnt be asking my name or even if i have to think of another fake name just in case my friends can see it

why do i have to put some stupid name again i picked my psn id so my friends can see that

Again, your friends DON'T see it.

Unless they go to your PSN, hit "Send Name Request", you open the "Name Request", and choose "Accept".

It's mainly to be used if the person on your PSN friends list is someone you know in person/real life as well.

It's also only visible in the PS4 Home menu. In game, your PSN ID is still the only thing that displays, whether you accepted someone's Name Request or not.

Alternatively, you can use it as a way of changing how you are seen to friends. You could put some fake name that maybe you like better than your current PSN ID, so that your friends, when they see you, it will show that name instead.
But that's unlikely.

i understand

i still feel sony is just trying to add some stupid pointless feature

just like what they did with the ps4 without certain ps3 features

many people are mad that the ps3 can do things that the ps4 cannot do

why would they add things to the ps3 and not add it to the ps4

this whole social media thing i hope they throw this idea out and give us back the features the ps3 can do

Message 21 of 34 (120 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13564 posts

Mar 27, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:
Only you, and people whom you accepted their "name requests", will see the name you entered.

On your ps4, you will always see your name

wow i didnt know that

that is just too much

invasion of privacy here

whats next

will my friends be able to see my address?

and my credic card info?

How is that invasion of privacy? It only displays the name YOU entered.

Not the name you registered to PSN as.

You could enter your name as "Joe Schmoe", and so people who send you Name Requests that you accept will just see "Joe Schmoe" instead of hitman.

You also have to accept the Name Request (which is separate from Friend Request). So if you don't accept any Name Requests, then I don't see the problem.

so whats the point of my psn id if people can see whatever i put as my name?

sony is taking this way too far it should just be my psn id and thats it

it shouldnt be asking my name or even if i have to think of another fake name just in case my friends can see it

why do i have to put some stupid name again i picked my psn id so my friends can see that

Again, your friends DON'T see it.

Unless they go to your PSN, hit "Send Name Request", you open the "Name Request", and choose "Accept".

It's mainly to be used if the person on your PSN friends list is someone you know in person/real life as well.

It's also only visible in the PS4 Home menu. In game, your PSN ID is still the only thing that displays, whether you accepted someone's Name Request or not.

Alternatively, you can use it as a way of changing how you are seen to friends. You could put some fake name that maybe you like better than your current PSN ID, so that your friends, when they see you, it will show that name instead.
But that's unlikely.

i understand

i still feel sony is just trying to add some stupid pointless feature

just like what they did with the ps4 without certain ps3 features

many people are mad that the ps3 can do things that the ps4 cannot do

why would they add things to the ps3 and not add it to the ps4

this whole social media thing i hope they throw this idea out and give us back the features the ps3 can do

Well it's not like the inclusion of these features is PREVENTING the features you "want" from PS3 from being on PS4.

These are just easier to implement, and so they're already here.

They're not just going to "throw the idea out", they'll just add those features that you want, later, and keep the ones that are already there. It's not like the two can't co-exist.

And you're asking "Why add to the PS3 and not add to the PS4". The PS3 was out for 7 years. And when they first advertised the thing, the whole premise was "It only does everything". So naturally, they marketed it as more of a multimedia machine, instead of just pure game console.

Here, they're doing the opposite, and pushing the whole "This is a gaming machine", mainly because they saw the negative PR that MS was getting for touting their Xbox One initially as an "Entertainment Hub".

So instead of prioritizing multiple features being all available, they decided to focus on what it can do easily. And since "social media" and "Sharing" is being particularly trendy, they added it to the PS4.

Now, granted, if they would've delayed the PS4's release, it would've launched with all those features that people are being mad about. But they didn't want to give MS another 1 year lead.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 34 (117 Views)
VP of Gaming
36709 posts

Mar 27, 2014

so from that it seems like sony is taking the easy way out?

and why is all these things in gaming so rushed all the time and they didnt want to delay it so they just kept out the features people want and gave us a whle new feature which is stupid and pointless

but its easy so might as well add it 

Message 23 of 34 (114 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
803 posts

Mar 27, 2014

This is a non-issue, unless someone is holding you at gun point everytime you turn on your ps4. 

All Star Superman
A vita supporter in a crowd of haters. Links >>>
Twitter // Work // Instagram // Nerd Blog // Last.FM // PS MVP T&C // FFXIVarr
Message 24 of 34 (111 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13564 posts

Mar 27, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

and why is all these things in gaming so rushed all the time and they didnt want to delay it so they just kept out the features people want and gave us a whle new feature which is stupid and pointless

They added it because then, like I said, people would just tout about how "Xbox One can do all this stuff, but not PS4".

It'd just be adding to that dumb list.

So then MORE people would complain. It's not like the feature hurts anything.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 34 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Re: ps4 recent activity section... really?

Mar 28, 2014

Talk about complaining over nothing. Grow up.

Message 26 of 34 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13062 posts

Mar 28, 2014
You guys see why I lost hope with hitman. You should of lost hope with me.....
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 27 of 34 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3060 posts

Mar 28, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Are you not aware of how big capturing/streaming/sharing gameplay has become? Go on Youtube and you will find tons of videos from people doing Lets Plays/Walkthroughs to commentaries and reviews. If you don't care about any of that then simply don't use the Share button on your controller.

Message 28 of 34 (88 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
36709 posts

Mar 28, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

Are you not aware of how big capturing/streaming/sharing gameplay has become? Go on Youtube and you will find tons of videos from people doing Lets Plays/Walkthroughs to commentaries and reviews. If you don't care about any of that then simply don't use the Share button on your controller.

its a waste of space on my controller and adds pointless weight to it

Message 29 of 34 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3060 posts

Mar 28, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

its a waste of space on my controller and adds pointless weight to it

Here's a news flash. Sony didn't create the controller with just you in mind but the general audience who will be buying the system and playing the games.

Message 30 of 34 (76 Views)
0 Likes