I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Re: Why does Europe get better PS+ games than America?

Jan 9, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

It's all about what you have already played as a Plus member and what you desire most. Personally, I'd rather Plus give out games like Stacking and The Walking Dead once again so that others who haven't already scored these games for free can get a chance to play them now that they're already out. Forget about the likes of Red Dead Redemption, a game many, many, many people have already played... let's get the other three episodes of The Walking Dead so those of us who haven't bought these titles already can finish up the blasted story. Smiley Wink

I think this is a great point.  Stacking is still in my backlog - I'll get to it one day.  It was a Day One PS+ release; we do need more of that.  Also, you are spot on with your first sentence.  I never played Red Dead Redemption because I really thought it was coming for free, especially after it was heavily discounted for PS+ subscribers the last two summers coupled with the fact EU received it as part of their PS+ goodness. 

Message 11 of 22 (592 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jan 9, 2013

MAGtrail_now_MAG wrote:
oh Man, hundreds are asking the same question and we got sick out of comparing EU+ to US+.

believe me the list of differences is noticeable not only in AAA titles, but also EU+ offers more fresh content in discounts, PSN games and even betas.

Concerning discounts, EU 12 deals of dec was awesome
Concerning PSN games, look at Limo and knyt underground
Concerning betas, we do not have Dust 514 while EU has it

I agree that their discounts were better than ours.  I picked up 2-3 games on the cheap, which means they will show up as part of the IGC, especially anything Vita related.  The only Vita game I picked up was Pure Chess (because every platform needs chess), but I stayed away from all other Vita PSN PS+ discounted games because they have to be cycled into the IGC at some point.  The numbers are against us - we will see the various table top games soon ...

re Dust 514, I thought we did get the beta as part of PS+ ... at least I got one, but maybe I signed up or did something else.  At any rate I gave it to my oldest son.  I am pretty sure PS+ offered some DLC or discounted DLC for Dust 514 during its beta run, which I thought was strange.  At least they offered to let your beta purchases carry over to the full release.

Message 12 of 22 (591 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
247 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Well, because.

Message 13 of 22 (567 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Jan 10, 2013

cuz Sony hates America, jk.. Probably because they have a bigger grasp on the market in Europe & thus favor them more? 

Message 14 of 22 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
609 posts

Jan 10, 2013
Bioshock 2 and Res evil 5 gold is two good games. Not too mention retro city rampage is awesome on the vita.

Message 15 of 22 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Jan 12, 2013
You can't look at conversion rates and say they pay more. You have to look at purchase price parody. Essentially things cost more to us but they get paid more and can acquire the same goods (relatively depending on region). In Scandinavia for example jobs are guaranteed. So if you have to go on unemployment you're going to be paid close to the per capita GDP rate; the equivalent of between $40,000-$60,000 depending on your country.
Message 16 of 22 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Whether or not they're better is really a matter of opinion.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 17 of 22 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
806 posts

Jan 14, 2013

i think the NA PSN team are just lazy compare to other regions. or they need to hire more people. they cant seem to get anything right, if  look at the polls each week u can seemore people are diopointed with the line ups and it dont seem like they care what we think. i let my plus expire last month cause i found nothing that i like was coming out.  eu always seem to get things we cant or it takes forever for such things to get relised in NA.

Message 18 of 22 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 14, 2013

knightnorth wrote:
You can't look at conversion rates and say they pay more. You have to look at purchase price parody. Essentially things cost more to us but they get paid more and can acquire the same goods (relatively depending on region). In Scandinavia for example jobs are guaranteed. So if you have to go on unemployment you're going to be paid close to the per capita GDP rate; the equivalent of between $40,000-$60,000 depending on your country.

I hate to break it to you, but not everyone lives in Scandinavia or Luxembourg. That's as ignorant as assuming that everyone lives in California or New York.

Just like not all US states have the same level of wealth, the same applies to EU countries. Not to mention the EU crisis.

IMHO, we should have a global PS store. No one would complain in that case. Of course that won't happen any time soon, since we don't have a global currency (USD vs EUR), nor a global rating system (ESRB vs PEGI)... the globalization keeps progressing, though.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 19 of 22 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Jan 15, 2013

Well its easy to figure out the EU team is better at their jobs and are listening to their polls. Were the US team has not payed any mind to the months of complaints they have received. The nothing for me vote has been around 50% the last few months but they keep giveing the same kind of stuff. 

Message 20 of 22 (319 Views)
0 Likes