Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Re: Why do you game?

May 25, 2014

I suppose I am one of the remaining few people who is of the old frame of mind, what i mean by that is if I want to play a game offline or solo then I should be able to.

Alot of newer games seems to have the swap in swap out multiplayer aspects which are nice but can become cumbersome.

I game to take a break from reality and stress, something about immersing myself in a rich virtual world is relaxing to me.

Because of this I tend to favor more RPG style games and less competitive multi-player games.

I do enjoy a good FPS with a good rich story, I am huge on campaign game play! I always play the single player campaign before i go multi-player on any game regardless of genere.

I have played every system from Atari on (even if at a friends) but the first system I bought with my own money and did not have to share with my brothers was the original PlayStation (the grey brick looking one). Since then I have bought just about every Nintendo system from N64 up and now every PS platform except the Vita which is next on my list.

I took a huge break from consoles though and went PC for about 4 years or so with the casual PS3 game.

Anyway I have rambled on long enough should not have gotten me started!

Message 11 of 21 (118 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

May 25, 2014
Wow, so many different reasons and stories behind your gaming. Its actually quite fasinating.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 12 of 21 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

May 25, 2014

Alot of us old folks here (35 + ) have been gaming for some time before gaming was cool Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 21 (113 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

May 25, 2014

Smiley WinkIt keeps me out of trouble.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 14 of 21 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

May 25, 2014
I've been gaming since I was 5 in 89. Super Mario Bros was the first game I played and my mind was blown. I could escape to a fantasy world I was in control of. I've been escaping the real world ever since.
Message 15 of 21 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

May 25, 2014
@adromidon I completely agree, im offthe old school who love a cracking story mode. I love online play, but the solo mode of most games tends to be the very best of that game. I have friends who buy every new CoD and just go straight to multiplayer without ever glancing at the campaign, which totally baffles me! Some of the bes games dont even need multiplayer, such as Th Last of Us, Skyrim, Metal Gear Solid (although no.4 did have the superb MGO) and many others.
Message 16 of 21 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

May 26, 2014

I game because..well putting it simply i dont have much of a life outside of my house. i go to work thats about it, but i dont have many firends and im an outcast to my family, and u guessed it im single. so gaming is my serenity it takes my mind off it all and fucouses it on something a little more productive.  i also game so if im angry i take it out on the games and not on others. it beats being those guys out there that solve problems with their fists. i also game because well sometimes im just bored and tv< doesnt do it for me. 

i pay any type of game as long as i can find an interest it. by interest i mean ill try verything first and if i like it i continue to play it.

Message 17 of 21 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9942 posts

May 26, 2014
Well first and foremost, it's fun.

• It's a good way to kill time

• Some video games have truly rich stories

• I can play with friends

• Video games have many characters I like
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 18 of 21 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

May 26, 2014
I game for fun, Just Love it.
I dont have time to play during The Week. But at The weekend i play a LOT.
I dont a favorite genre, it really depende on my mood.
Fast paced, but not running all The time like cod mo.
Message 19 of 21 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
555 posts

May 26, 2014

Because too many people are already killing, robbing, stealing, career sabotaging, backstabbing, raping, trying to be politicians and/or environmentalists.  Gaming just seemed liked something more peaceful/relaxing and less dangerous to others.

Message 20 of 21 (49 Views)
0 Likes