May 24 2014
By: reynolds-wrap1 I Only Post Everything 1160 posts

Why do you game?

20 replies 220 views Edited May 24, 2014
Just a series of poll because I'm bored. Why do you game? Do you game a lot or only a little? What genre do you prefer? Fast paced or slow paced games?

I game because its fun, also because it keeps me from eating. I have to be doing something at all times so games are better than stuffing myself. I game a WHOLE lot. All genres suit me (Action moreso). Paces depend on mood.

I need to find something new to do. BOREDOM HURTS!

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 1 of 21 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11752 posts

Re: Why do you game?

May 24, 2014

True boredom isn't actually when you have nothing better to do (at least not all the time), but rather can be described as a feeling of wanting to escape from whatever is currently crippling your state of happiness. Let's say you're in a situation you don't want to be in. Boredom is kind of like a deterioration of mental stability and a terror in itself that is a fear of an unwelcome property, in a way.

Everything from TV shows, to listening to a dullard's long speech, and even video games can produce boredom. One such video game that comes to mind that didn't come across as fulfilling my need for interest in it is that of Suikoden. When playing through the game for the first time I started going around the town hub, in which I figured as in most RPGs you can find loot chests and items inside homes. Heading into these domiciles only led to a whole lot of nothing. Heading in you won't find people or possessions inside most of the buildings. This led to an early demise in my ability to find this game appealing, and thus boredom quickly set the stage exit to the left.

Playing video games though is not something I do myself to fill in a time slot. It's about intrigue... it's about passion. It's about finding the most wonderful gaming experiences to play, and indulging in them. Not every video game out there is built in such a way, but you can always hope for the best at the very least. If a game looks fun enough, then I'd definitely like to experience that particular title. On the other hand, there are a whole lot of games that don't look like my cup of tea at all. With this in mind I'd prefer not to spend time playing them or especially not paying to have them. My main drive for gaming is in finding the most enjoyable experiences from this entertainment medium. It's just that things won't always end up the way you want them to. Smiley Indifferent

Message 2 of 21 (200 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4033 posts

May 24, 2014

I game because of the interaction you have with games. You dont just sit and stare at a box like when watching TV.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 3 of 21 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

May 25, 2014

Click the "Extra Life" banner in my signature.... You'll see. Then again, I also enjoy it,

Message 4 of 21 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2358 posts

May 25, 2014

i game because it relaxes me, even the shoot em' up style, its mainly to pass the time for me more then anything.

as for what i like? can never go wrong with a good RPG/MMO where you can actually create your own character rather then pick from pre-made modes.

Message 5 of 21 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3450 posts

May 25, 2014

I like the competition and teamwork aspect.

I keep in touch with friends and family through gaming.

It's a great stress relief.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Message 6 of 21 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

May 25, 2014

I game because....something about DNA and a mysterious extra chromosome, or something like that. I don't know.

Message 7 of 21 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9592 posts

May 25, 2014

I am very old. I was a child in the 1960s. Video games did not exist then, we only had Network Televsion. Back then we had to wait for the TV show to come on and you could only sit there and watch the show. Then in the 1970s I got my first video game (Pong). 

For the first time ever, I did not have to just sit there and watch a show. I was able to control what happened on my TV screen. I have never gotten over the feeling of controlling what happens on my TV. I have been playing video games ever since them. Smiley Very Happy

Happy

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 8 of 21 (142 Views)
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

May 25, 2014

I want to work in the game industry in the future

Message 9 of 21 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

May 25, 2014
I game for all sorts of reasons, have done since the Sega Master System when i was about 7. I started just because ut was there, at first it was just now and then out of boredom, i moved onto Mega Drive and then SNES just playing casually. My interest picked up abit when i moved onto PSone and discovered Metal Gear Solid and GTA, and then the PS2 with bigger and better looking games. Then with the PS3 i fell in love with online gaming. Id say its more like an addiction now than a hobbie. I game to relax, destress, catch up with friends etc. I thought i would lose intrest as i got older but i will be 28 soon and my love for games is still growing!
Message 10 of 21 (132 Views)
0 Likes