Splicer
86 posts

Re: Why do we keep getting free Plus games that have been 75% off before???

Jan 3, 2013

mainkster wrote:

who said the studios are giving the games away for free . maybe sony pays them something from all those 50$ subcription they use a part of that money to make deals.

as for the discount yea when you see a discount its to get as many sales as possible before giving it away 

i just know pinball arcade is comming i bought it at 50% , now its already free on EU plus for january 

my theory don't buy anything anymore , got burnt too many time 

for ex: borderlands , marvel pinball , scott pilgrim , i all bought these games when i was a psplus noob just to get em free months later

we shouldnt be thinking this way. Yes i know it sucks when you buy a game youve been wanting to play only to have free access to it shortly after but remember that if for whatever reason your subscription stops then you lose all those "free" games. In my opinion if a game your really interested in goes on sale for a great price then why not support the devs and purchase it and no matter what you will always have access to the game. If everyone just waits for games to be free on plus then how will these devs make the games in the first place? support the devs they are the ones who put the smiles on our faces. 

Message 11 of 13 (159 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jan 3, 2013

This has happened multiple times over the last two years.  Do you enjoy a game now via a PS+ day one discount?  Or do you wait to see if it will be discounted deeper at a later date?  Or do you wait for a seasonal sale for an even better price?

I waited on Motorstorm Apocalypse for a long time, thinking that it would be offered as a PS+ monthly selection.  One of my boys really wanted it for Christmas, so I got it for cheap on Amazon, which means it will finally show up as a free PS+ game.  If that happens, I can always flip my physical copy on eBay for $5 or so, which is $5 or so for my boys to spend on another title.

At the end of the day, as a PS+ subscriber you have to make a decision - purchase now or wait.  If you purchase now, it is no different than buying FIFA (or whatever) on release date, only to see it show up on an Amazon daily sale for $35.  If you wait, you may be waiting a long time, or you may get a better deal, or even get the game for free.

Message 12 of 13 (146 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
456 posts

Jan 4, 2013
I've been seeing a lot of people wanting MAG recently. You guys do know that there's a demo of it on the store, right? It's pretty much the entire game but it caps you at level 8

Message 13 of 13 (126 Views)
0 Likes