Fender Bender
3017 posts

Re: why do ps4 games come out on fridays?

Feb 4, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Movies release on Tuesdays.

Games release on Fridays so as to not interrupt movie sales of new releases. 

Huh? Pretty much all media(movies, games, CDs) release on Tuesdays with a few exceptions. I know I bought several PS 3 games on their release date which was on a Tuesday and I would say most PS 4 games will probably continue the Tuesday release date.

Message 11 of 15 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Feb 4, 2014

probably to take advantage of payday lol

Message 12 of 15 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Feb 4, 2014

Smiley Mad sigh...

ok Let me rephrase..who here can  name a ps4 game that didn't get released on a friday?

Now do you understand my original question?

Message 13 of 15 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Feb 4, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Huh? Pretty much all media(movies, games, CDs) release on Tuesdays with a few exceptions. I know I bought several PS 3 games on their release date which was on a Tuesday and I would say most PS 4 games will probably continue the Tuesday release date.

Out of EVERY game, I have ever bought when it released, for PS2, 3 and 4, and Xbox 360.... they all released Friday. Unless otherwise specified.

Infamous: Second Son releases March 21st, which is a Friday.
COD Ghosts, officially released on a Tuesday November 5th, but most retailers broke street date for a friday release.
Hitman Absolution, released on a Wednesday.

Like the examples above, release dates CAN be different. But the commonality is known that games usually release on a Friday.

Movies and music ALWAYS releases Tuesday unless otherwise specified, in which case they would either release Monday or Wednesday. They hardly EVER release at the end of the week or on a weekend.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 14 of 15 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3017 posts

Feb 4, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

murphdawg1 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Out of EVERY game, I have ever bought when it released, for PS2, 3 and 4, and Xbox 360.... they all released Friday. Unless otherwise specified.

Infamous: Second Son releases March 21st, which is a Friday.
COD Ghosts, officially released on a Tuesday November 5th, but most retailers broke street date for a friday release.
Hitman Absolution, released on a Wednesday.

Like the examples above, release dates CAN be different. But the commonality is known that games usually release on a Friday.

Movies and music ALWAYS releases Tuesday unless otherwise specified, in which case they would either release Monday or Wednesday. They hardly EVER release at the end of the week or on a weekend.

The only game that i've bought recently that had an official Friday release was The Last Of Us. GTA V and Beyond Two Souls both had Tuesday release dates last year and both Battlefield 4 and Assassin's Creed IV released on a Tuesday for PS 3 and I think they were even available for purchase for PS 4 before the system actually launched. I think it really just depends on maybe the game/developer.

Message 15 of 15 (130 Views)
0 Likes