Sackboy
528 posts

Re: Why can't you send PSN messages from PC?

Mar 15, 2009

SgtRufus wrote:

issa3032 wrote:

Hi guys,

I like how PSN is now linked to our playstation blog accounts and that we can now see the status of our friends from the PC. How come we can't send messages from the PC though?

Kinda what happens when you make things up as you go along.

Sony's online plan for the PS3 has been slowly taking shape for a long time.  They didn't really go into this online thing with a solid idea on what they even wanted the Playstation Network to be or do.  We've seen things get added and ideas change on a regular basis.

Hopefully someday they'll have this 'what should be basic' feature available. 

I dunno, I think little random / useless features like that kinda make the network fun.

I mean, what else would there be to do except play games and chat?

-------
Message 21 of 84 (108 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Mar 15, 2009
I believe thats coming. It would definatly get me to use this site alot more.
Needles Kane/Colonel Radec/Spike/Evil Cole/Sir Daniel Fortesque
Message 22 of 84 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 24, 2009

ive been on this site like 3 times so far. 

this would definatley be more useful if i could communicate with my PSN friends. 

i don't need access to my downloads or any of that "secured information" stuff.

just let me holler at a buddy that is at his house playing while im at work on the computer.

Message 23 of 84 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 10, 2009

What I am at least wanting to do it THIS:

We have an auto enthusiast board that many of us are a part of and have PS3s....I created a topic where we can all list our PSN IDs so we can share them.  Right now that involves printing out the list going home and manually entering all that in.....especially for those of use without keyboards, it can be painstakingly tedious.  what I hoped was a code or link type button than when you click it, it would send a message of that list to your PSN inbox and what I would do is when I see the list and click that link...I can only send the message to myself, but what I get is a message in my PSN inbox with the list of all the user IDs and I can just click on each name as a link in the message and it adds the person to my list.  It would also make it easier so that everyone could do it and we would ALL have each other on our lists.  even if the list has to be written in some special PSN html or bb code, that would be awesome!!

Message 24 of 84 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Why can't you send PSN messages from PC

Apr 19, 2010

Hi Im Useing My PC Right Now My ID Account Is DarkWilliam56 When I fIrst Got On This Web Site They Show What Your Freinds Are Doing I Want To Know How To Send Messages Why Cant You idk It Could Be Cause If Someone Hacks Someons Account They Can Send Mean Messages Out To That Person! Please Contact Sony About Useing Messages On Here. Please! 

Message 25 of 84 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

It's time.

May 13, 2010

I really would love it if I could send messages through this website.

It'd be one of the most useful things they could add right now.

It's been years PlayStation, and it's time to stop putting this highly in-demand request off to the side.

If Xbox Live can do it, then so can you PlayStation! I believe in you!

Message 26 of 84 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
944 posts

May 13, 2010

Katoh21 wrote:

I think the biggest problem in this case, is that Sony is lagging behind competitors like Steam and XBox Live because of these features, and worse is that SCEA is lagging behind SCEE and SCEJ.

So more likely the European site will have these features before we will.

all one can say is...wow

Message 27 of 84 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 14, 2010

Jisatsu_Kiddo wrote:

Katoh21 wrote:

I think the biggest problem in this case, is that Sony is lagging behind competitors like Steam and XBox Live because of these features, and worse is that SCEA is lagging behind SCEE and SCEJ.

So more likely the European site will have these features before we will.

all one can say is...wow

It's true though.

Xbox Live has this feature already, and many other features that people want so badly on the PSN.

It's sad that they can't even catch up to those XBox Freaks..

Message 28 of 84 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

May 21, 2010

Finally found the offical site

Id love this to happen myself as previously said Id love to talk to my friends wial they are online when im in work.

Its been said for past 2 year (orignal post was 2 years ago) that they are planning on doing this. So when they plan on doing it. I mean 2 year's??????

Message 29 of 84 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

May 21, 2010

Ok iv just been looking. How do I even see this part that tells me what my friends are doing?

Message 30 of 84 (107 Views)
0 Likes