Jan 05 2013
By: THE_-GOTHZILLA- First Son 27 posts

Why aren't the Invizimals games available for the Vita in the USA?

11 replies 733 views Edited Jan 5, 2013

All 3 invizimals games are available for download on the Vita on the European PSN, would it kill Sony to let people in North America download them? The Vita is ready to play AR games straight out of the box, and Invizimals genuinely looks like a great game, but I'm not going to buy back my PSP and get the camera attachment just to play it, especially when I shelled out $300 for a 3G Vita and all the Invizimals games are compatible with it, but are unavailible in my country. If they released Invizimals Trilogy for the Vita tommorow, I'd rush out and buy it, if they released the games on the PSN right now I'd be willing to pay $20 each for them. The games on my Vita are great, but there aren't all that many of them, and here Sony has some games for my Vita, in my language, that I want to play, but I can't. Why?

Message 1 of 12 (733 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Re: Why aren't the Invizimals games available for the Vita in the USA?

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

Never heard of this until now.

No way this is cool, it's like Pokemon. It has online also.. aw man I hate the EU now.. Still waiting for Ecolibrium and now I see this.

Hopefully it comes to NA, from what I see it looks like the best AR game the Vita has period so I can't see why it wouldn't. Then again I thought Ecolibrium would have been here by now also so who knows.

Message 2 of 12 (716 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 5, 2013
I'm surprised that the Invizimals games are even compatible with the Vita.

This issue you are having is not new because there have been complaints about certain PSone titles not coming to the NA PS store. I think it probably has to do with securing the digital rights for those titles, and it must be secured separately in the different regions...
Message 3 of 12 (713 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jan 5, 2013

The Pokemon comparison is fairly accurate. There's even going to be an Invizimals animated series by the end of this year (in Europe of course), which will have "connectivity with the Playstation Vita" (whatever that means), and yet no Invizimals for North America. I'm hoping Sony is just waiting for the animated series to start airing, and they'll air it here in America, and they'll release some kind of Invizimals PS Vita bundle just in time for Christmas, airing ads for it during the series, so every kid who sees it will endlessly hassle their parents until they finally break down and buy Vitas for them, it would put the Vita in a LOT more hands (especially considering how popular the franchise is in Europe), and would be a very smart move on Sony's part, but I can only hope.

Message 4 of 12 (705 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Jan 6, 2013

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

Hopefully it comes to NA, from what I see it looks like the best AR game the Vita has period so I can't see why it wouldn't. Then again I thought Ecolibrium would have been here by now also so who knows.

It's not a PSV game, it's a PSP game. The games made it to NA, just no compatibility with the PSV yet (as it seems to be the case with many other titles). The game, however, is not really fun. I don't know about the latter installments but I played the first one and it was...ok-ish at most, nothing like Pokemon (not that Pokemon is oddles of fun anyway)~.

To the OP, I think you are expecting too much. It's one thing to emulate a PSP game on the PSV, but you are basically asking Sony to make Invizmals compatible with the features of the PSV, something that is outside the scope of emulation. Most you can do through the PSP emulation is use the second analog to map controls in the PSP, AR stuff is just not feasible~.

Message 5 of 12 (693 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

Well most people probably find Ecolibrium boring from what I hear but I like those types of games with little creatures you take care of. Maybe it had to do with playing Seaman so much on Dreamcast or having so many **bleep** digimon and tomagotchi's, those little digital pocket things.

As far as Pokemon goes I can't take anymore of it unless they revamp it or something. I played them all on the 3DS but they are alwasy the same thing over and over. Mainly just play em on my PC now through a emulator when I am bored. Just using Pokemon as a comparison.

The developers did say it's a possibility but it's no promise they will make a full fledged Vita version (Yes that isn't saying much). So for those who like it I hope it does get one cause sure there are some decent AR games but I wish there were more. I actually enjoy the ones they have now but I still wish we even got half of what they showed in demo's ages ago.

Like the Alien Autopsy one or the Flowers AR games I really wanted or hell even that Wipeout 2048 one was cool to look at but none of them seem like they will ever come out. Some say you unlock the Wipeout one by playing through the game but I really don't know if that is true or not.

Message 6 of 12 (686 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jan 6, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
To the OP, I think you are expecting too much. It's one thing to emulate a PSP game on the PSV, but you are basically asking Sony to make Invizmals compatible with the features of the PSV, something that is outside the scope of emulation. Most you can do through the PSP emulation is use the second analog to map controls in the PSP, AR stuff is just not feasible~.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_CwLzM85Zw

Anything else you want to say about compatibility?

Message 7 of 12 (655 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Sure, be grateful that they got the camera to work with the AR nature of the PSP game. Because technically, they don't owe that to people, just like they don't owe us to put on gyroscope controls on emulated PSP racing games~.

Nonetheless, it's quite interesting they went through the trouble of emulating the camera, color me surprised~.
Message 8 of 12 (647 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 6, 2013
I'm surprised that a Vita version was made since it requires AR cards to work, for that reason I don't think it will come to the US...
Message 9 of 12 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I'm surprised that a Vita version was made since it requires AR cards to work, for that reason I don't think it will come to the US...

You can print out the AR cards. You only need to find them online and then print them off.

Edit: Here's a thread that has links.

Message 10 of 12 (628 Views)
0 Likes